Strom Trooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was traveling to work yesterday and stopped about half way for a rest.
When I got of the bike I realized my left side-loading Suzuki hard bag had poped open somehow when I was cruizing along at 120kmh :confused:

When I close them I always check them as the closure seal is very tight and you must ensure that they are latched.
fortunately I only lost my 5$ slippers and not my $200 Hikers which were held in by the straps.

This is obviously a design flaw and I'm not pleased as they were overpriced to start with. Take note Suzuki !!!!

Needless to say I am looking at some top loader style bags now and wished I'd never wasted my money. :mad:

Any one want a set of slightly used Suzuki hard bags for half price ?

My only cheap solution would be to use some sinch straps to hold them shut and ensure this never happens again.

Dumb Dumb Dumb Suzuki !!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Happened to me more than once, not to mention the time I pushed the bike off the sidestand just trying to get the almost imperceptible click when the sideboxes finally lock properly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If your serious about selling them - I do need a set of panniers - even bad ones. Money is tight - but I've got a little (much deserved) free time coming up to play with them.

·
Registered
703 Posts
It's well known they suck. Better to go with soft bags and save for decent ones. Kappa, Givi, or fit Pelicans. Anything but the OEM bags. I bought a used bike with the OEM top case installed. What a piece of garbage.

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
I"ve had mine on for almost 25000 miles, no problems with them.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It was strange how they stayed closed for 200km and then poped open all of a sudden?
I was fortunate to only loose my flipflops for the shower.

When I got the bags there were holes in them for mounting colored inserts.
Suzuki wanted even more money for the extra plastic bits that go on the outside of the bags.
I did not want overpriced bits of plastic but wanted water tight bags?
I asked the dealer if there was a kit to just plug the mounting holes?
As usual he had no solution once he had my money so I put on some of those bullet hole stickers over the other holes.

Cheap and simple.

They are not even very roomy either, my two tail bags hold nearly as much.
I rode home through a snow storm last night and they stayed closed the whole 300km which was a relief.
My bike is still under warranty and I was thinking this design flaw should be grounds for returning them?

If not I would almost give them away as I would not want to take somebodys hard earned money.
I'm looking in the TouraTech catalogue at some nice big Aluminium ones!

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I got the bags there were holes in them for mounting colored inserts.
Suzuki wanted even more money for the extra plastic bits that go on the outside of the bags.
I did not want overpriced bits of plastic but wanted water tight bags?
I asked the dealer if there was a kit to just plug the mounting holes?
As usual he had no solution once he had my money so I put on some of those bullet hole stickers over the other holes.

Cheap and simple.
There are plenty of things wrong with the Suzuki bags, but this is the most annoying. I hope you fix this Suzuki, in the meantime I bought a $5 tube of clear silicone caulk. Fixed and waterproofed.

They are not even very roomy either, my two tail bags hold nearly as much.
The design for the side bags really needs to be changed to at least accomodate one helmet a piece. While most people aren't carrying around three helmets, it's nice to be able to place other things in the easier to access top case than a spare helmet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts