StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought O.E.M Suzuki Handguards....Take the directions and quickly put in garbage....Totally confusing.... The quality is pretty good but the barend plastic part should be a complete circle and not a notched end...stupit design. Also (IF) you dont want to remove the clutch rubber from the adjuster you can simply pull the O.E.M rubber back over the adjuster and put a small zip ty on it ....just in case you want to take the guards off at some point. ridefast99:biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
I had no problems putting mine on by following the instructions. Took about 15 minutes. They have been in place for 4 years with no problems.

Oh, and if the bar end clip were a full circle you'd have to completely remove the bar end weight to take them off as opposed to only slightly loosening it. I prefer the way that Suzuki designed them.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
completely remove the bar end weight
That would be a task. You'd have to loosen the screw, wiggle out the assembly. refit the new parts with the guard somewhat in place and slide it back in getting the guard past the sticky out bits. An open end makes good sense. It isn't coming off by itself even if it's bounced off the pavement. DAMHIKT

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
suzuki hand guards

Look I have been building choppers ....cafe bikes....Drag bikes and pretty much everything else for over 40 years....Hell I even had a spread in the BMW owners magazine for Building a BMW R100 chopper . ....These Hand guards are just ok in my mind.... As time goes on you will see that my posts will be very honest and thought out with design in mind.....Ridefast99:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Search the site. Most will agree that there's better versions out there but that's not because the stock versions are unacceptable. They do the job they were designed for.

I designed some origami once... I'm just sayin'. Doesn't make me Japanese.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
The Suzuki hand guards are great if all you want to do is stop the cold wind from hitting your hands. Other then that they will protect nothing, off road a swat from a small branch will dislodge them, and if you fall plan on replacing the levers on that side of the bike.

·
Registered
530 Posts
These hand guards are the guards of choice for most Yamaha FRJ riders - they seem to fit perfect on their bikes and they love them. Unless you are doing some serious off road riding I really don't see any point in upgrading these stock hand guards, they work just fine for me.

·
Registered
522 Posts
These hand guards are the guards of choice for most Yamaha FRJ riders - they seem to fit perfect on their bikes and they love them. Unless you are doing some serious off road riding I really don't see any point in upgrading these stock hand guards, they work just fine for me.
+1 on Ghostrider66.

I have them on my FJR also. Were really pretty easy to put on; and I am mechanically impaired. Although I do think they are more specifically wind and bug guards than anything else.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I've always had barkbuster style guards on my DL. Never lost a lever and they have saved the fairing a few times as well. I'm not sure the stockers would perform that well.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Look I have been building choppers ....cafe bikes....Drag bikes and pretty much everything else for over 40 years....Hell I even had a spread in the BMW owners magazine for Building a BMW R100 chopper.
I fail to see how your experience should swap my personal opinion of an item. :confused::fineprint:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
i recently installed the OEM hand guards on my 07 wee and i love them! especially for the price and that they bolt right on. the instructions were a little confusing as they were in 5 languages all at the same time. i had a low speed wreck on my bike a couple weeks ago, due to some pesky railroad tracks, and my hand guards held up just fine! they got scratched up and bent, but they went right back into place and am happy to say that my brake lever didn't get touched. they may not be as stout as some of the aftermarket ones, but they are much cheaper and do what i need them to do.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is anyone running the Suzuki Handguards with a throttle meister?
The PO replaced the stock bar end weights with the throttle meister so I dont have the stockers (DL650)
Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts