StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had them installed by the dealer yesterday. They(we) followed the instructions exactly so I could give an accurate report of what to expect.

The fuel tank, air filter and air box must be removed. The wiring connection is located under the air box - a 2-wire connector with a White, and a Black/White wire.

There is enough slack in the wiring attachment, routing and harness in general that installation is relatively easy.

Everything is supplied including a new throttle tube, excepting grip cement. Scraping the previous grip cement from the LHS grip is a bit of a chore.

The switch bracket is an L-shaped stamping which is installed on the LHS mirror perch. Overall a nicely engineered elegant accessory.

The job took 1-1/2 hours. Doing it for the 2nd time, maybe 1 hour would be sufficient.

The heating effect is very good, and is concentrated somewhat on the outward side of the grips. Effective from what I experienced.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can do the install with the air box in place. I did my own and it looked like the clamp for the front throttle body was going to be a bitch to get at. I dropped the radiator mounting bolts but left the hoses in place, push the rad down a bit, which gives enough wiggle room to get at the attachment plugs. Easy going from there.

As noted, no grip cement with the kit but raid the Wife’s beauty supplies or the local drug store for some “Super Hold” hairspray, pump style bottle, not aerosol. The stuff takes a couple of hours to ’set’ but when it does, it’s like frickin’ crazy glue. Unmovable!! :thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts