Strom Trooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had to sell my 08 DL650 in August. I just bought it in April and financed part of it through the Suzuki Credit offered by my dealer. It is Administered by HSBC Retail Services aka HSBC Bank Nevada in Wood Dale, Ill. I am warning everyone who is considering using this service to SEEK FINANCING ELSEWHERE!!! These people are the most unresponsive, hard to get a hold of people anywhere! There 800 number is a joke, you can never get someone to answer the phone and when you do they lie to you and get pissed if you don't believe the lies. I needed to sell the bike, paid off the loan the first week of August and I couldn't get the title from them. They kept telling me it was forthcoming, but it wasn't. They even told me in writing it was forthcoming and it wasn't! I hope someone reads this from HSBC. Call their customer service department at 800-695-6950 and see for yourself. I finally stopped by the dealer who called on his line and they told me when the title work was ordered. It took 7 days to finally get to me. I just got it on Saturday, 9/20.

·
Registered
43 Posts
1up

ya had the same problem with mine I got my 08 vstrom in jun 08 and my first payment was due the 10th of aug well first off the suzuki rep lied to me and told me my first payment wasnt due till oct 08 well thank god I got a bill in the mail and found it because it was due in aug well sent the bill like on the 15th of july via E-check from my bank witch i verified the billing address from a HSBC rep and well come aug they were woundering were there money was also they threatend to repo my bike called me names like dead beet and unresponsable and well all to find out that the rep gave me the wrong HSBC address but it still ended up there on time because i got a verifacation from my bank but to save face they denied that it got there and I had to cancel the E-Check and resend the money and they wanted hike my intrest rate and put a mark on my credit history but luckly I wrote down all the people that I talked to and documented the hell out of everything and got it taken care of and my bank was very helpfull too but even sometimes they would refuse to give me there name or employe number so it was a realy battle that lasted about 3 mounths they are realy harable to deal with but I just cant do anything about it right now but just deal with it

·
Registered
43 Posts
and HSBC was the only credit union around that would loan for a bike wear i live all the banks wont touch a bike but the'll give you all the money you want for a car or a house

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hsbc...

Just as an FYI-
As of December 1st, HSBC will no longer be doing financing for Suzuki.
Suzuki will be looking into a national bank that will offer its customers better options.

Most big dealerships should have sources set that can offer great rates and terms. We have banks that are still lending strong.

I always recommend standard installment financing over the Suzuki Card (HSBC) because it is always better to have a fixed rate and committed payment. And there are usually no prepayment penalites. The cards are typically good if you want to have the bike right then and there and not have to wait hours or a day or two to get everything together.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just as an FYI-
As of December 1st, HSBC will no longer be doing financing for Suzuki.
Suzuki will be looking into a national bank that will offer its customers better options.

Most big dealerships should have sources set that can offer great rates and terms. We have banks that are still lending strong.

I always recommend standard installment financing over the Suzuki Card (HSBC) because it is always better to have a fixed rate and committed payment. And there are usually no prepayment penalites. The cards are typically good if you want to have the bike right then and there and not have to wait hours or a day or two to get everything together.
SOOO? will will current hsbc loans shift over to new bank?

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
FYI hsbc is/or does the credit for best buy.

·
Cat Herder
2,480 Posts
Yeah...use a local credit union if at all possible. The dealer I got mine from was attempting to get me into Suzuki financing, mainly because my bank, USAA, would only finance up to MSRP...not that great when all the used bikes are farkled up the wazoo, which pushed the price out of reach at the time. Once I told him USAA would get me between 6-7% flat rate, compared to Suzuki's 17% variable, he threw away the Suzuki finance paperwork and told me to just use USAA.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Payoff, title release

so you paid it off the first week of the month and got the title the 20th. Whats the complaint? thats industry average or better. Ford and gm payoffs are 3-4 weeks or more, I've done several, very frustrating, yours was less than 3.

·
Registered
5 Posts
and HSBC was the only credit union around that would loan for a bike wear i live all the banks wont touch a bike but the'll give you all the money you want for a car or a house
If you finance a bike again to to Pinnacle Bank. I financed mine through them last August and had the approval by the time I got back to my office. They're a great bank to work with

·
Registered
3 Posts
so you paid it off the first week of the month and got the title the 20th. Whats the complaint? thats industry average or better. Ford and gm payoffs are 3-4 weeks or more, I've done several, very frustrating, yours was less than 3.
Um, he said he paid it off the first week of AUGUST, & didn't get the title until 9/20 (SEPTEMBER 20th). 7 weeks to get a title, I'd be pissed off, too.

But I agree with the people who've suggested credit unions. My Suzuki (not a Strom) is financed through my credit union at 5.9%. They gave me NO hassles, great customer service...& obviously a rate that beats HSBC by 2 miles.

I dealt with HSBC for Best Buy...I don't think I had the card for a year before I cancelled it after dealing with their garbage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts