StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago now I bought a new DL650 and also bought the X-tended warranty from the dealer. I asked the F&I man at the time if Suzuki would be mailing me a policy or whatever and he seemed a bit vague ? In the past I bought a GL1800 Honda from this dealer and did receive the extended warranty from Honda to keep with me but I have yet to receive anything from Suzuki about the purchase of either the bike or the warranty. Anybody else get anything from Suzuki either survey form about the purchase or x-warranty. I did receive the title & license papers back from the state of IL so I know that part was taken care of proper.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
CornerStone United is the administrator for the Suzuki Extended Protection Plan. This is the outfit your dealer will go to after the real factory warranty expires to try to get approval for payment for repairs.

By the way, there is no such thing as a Suzuki factory extended warranty. It is a service contract, a "protection plan," that begins its coverage after your factory warranty expires, and covers only what the paperwork you're waiting for says it covers IF you fulfill all the requirements the paperwork puts on you.

Next time you might look on-line for dealerships that offer the protection plan for less than the stealership that sold you the bike, car, or truck. Or, forgo this peace-of-mind insurance when buying any reliable brand.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CornerStone United is the administrator for the Suzuki Extended Protection Plan. This is the outfit your dealer will go to after the real factory warranty expires to try to get approval for payment for repairs.

By the way, there is no such thing as a Suzuki factory extended warranty. It is a service contract, a "protection plan," that begins its coverage after your factory warranty expires, and covers only what the paperwork you're waiting for says it covers IF you fulfill all the requirements the paperwork puts on you.

Next time you might look on-line for dealerships that offer the protection plan for less than the stealership that sold you the bike, car, or truck. Or, forgo this peace-of-mind insurance when buying any reliable brand.
Yes I was aware of most of this info but my question was whether I would receive any papers from them. BTW I don't consider my dealer a stealer sir, they have taken very good care of me in the past. And I paid $300 for the 3 year additional plan I doubt if anyone will match or beat that if so I would rather my dealer have the sale as they are the ones who are going to do the work. It is much easier to get your machine in the shop I have found with this kind of thinking. The service manager & the fellow who works on my bike are personal friends of mine we will be together this weekend for racing and a cold one hopefully.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I didn't get anything in the mail with my extended warranty (2 more years). That warranty just ended and was never used. Glad it was free.

SS

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Doug

Private messages are personal. Forum messages are for the information of everyone who reads the thread. I learn much from someone's answer to someone else's question. My answer is partly for your information and partly to the next person considering buying the Suzuki Extended Protection...which is still not a warranty, extended or otherwise.

You're fortunate that your dealership and their service people are good to their customers. Many post reports of bad service, overcharges, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts