StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just on suzuki Canada site and they have Oem hand guards on sale for a set for $30. Down from about $80. They also have aluminum Sid and top Oem case on for 50% off. I think I will pick up the hand guards just for spares just incase something happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Skom300, I am interested in getting a set of handguards as a "drop" broke the previously modified one. Any idea how a Yank can order some at the sale price and get them shipped here? Thanks, Vautti

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Hey Skom300, I am interested in getting a set of handguards as a "drop" broke the previously modified one. Any idea how a Yank can order some at the sale price and get them shipped here? Thanks, Vautti
You could try [email protected] , they are no longer a Suzuki dealer, but may still have all of their connections. Worth a shot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks, I sent a message to SUZUKI OF NEWMARKET in Ontario, and I am waiting to hear from them. If I can't get them at the Canadian sale price, I will look at aftermarket. Just don't think they are worth $80-90, and I only really need one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am an impatient sort so I bought the handguards in the states for $42 plus shipping. Better than $80. If they break again, I will join the aftermarket thread that bought other models. Thanks,

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered the aluminum side cases a month ago and received them . Now i see the top is on for 199. Good deal so ordered it also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Think they will fit the 650?

I wouldn't mind a basic set of OEM hand guards for my v-strom any chance the ones for the 1000 will fit the 650? I really just want the wind protection.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Was just on suzuki Canada site and they have Oem hand guards on sale for a set for $30. Down from about $80. They also have aluminum Sid and top Oem case on for 50% off. I think I will pick up the hand guards just for spares just incase something happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So they've reduced the hand guard price to what they're worth now?
Honestly, they are pretty feeble and there are some Chinese ones out there on Ebay with a strong aluminium backbone. I think mine were $60 AUD all up

·
Super Moderator
13,057 Posts
So they've reduced the hand guard price to what they're worth now?
Honestly, they are pretty feeble and there are some Chinese ones out there on Ebay with a strong aluminium backbone. I think mine were $60 AUD all up
I guess if you are banging your handlebars against trees they are feeble but most riders aren't doing that. I suspect most riders, including myself, just want our hands protected from the elements and from the inevitable stones, etc that get tossed up at us. With over 500,000 km / 300,000 miles on three Stroms that were always equipped with the factory handguards I can't call them feeble. The inner end that attaches to a bolt to the handlebar can break in a fall and the hand-guard themselves still work after that breaks.

..Tom

·
Registered
333 Posts
"The inner end that attaches to a bolt to the handlebar can break in a fall and the hand-guard themselves still work after that breaks".
yes Tom - that's the reason I feel as I do about them.
My cheap Chinese "rubbish" with aluminium backbone didn't do that in a fall so surely that's not too high a standard to aim for.

·
Super Moderator
13,057 Posts
Yes in 300,000+ miles of riding Stroms I have broken 3 or 4 I think. One of those times much more than than handguard broke. Other than the bigger crash the two other handguards were still usable for quite a while after.

I'm much more interested in weather protection and from road debris than from branches and they work fine for that purpose.

..Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts