StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
After market bags are sturdier, cost less and are available in many varieties. OEM bags also require replacing the stock luggage rack. Suzuki is using rebadged Trax aluminum or Hepco & Becker plastic bags on the 2012 model so is probably trying to reduce the stock of old style bags.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My understanding is that the bags are OK, but the racks are substandard. Supposedly the top box gets positioned too far forward, not a problem unless you go 2 up. I initially ordered the OEM cases, but after research decided to go Givi. Dealer cancelled my order, ordered the Givi's and I got $60 back. :yesnod:

·
Registered
24 Posts
At only $200 for the OEM bags, and mounting hardware, I think it will be hard to beat that price for a decent set of soft bags. I have no intention of "bagging" my Wee but at that price I ordered them and will let them sit in the basement in case I decide to "bag it" later...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is this special offer extended at the time of purchase or something?
Yes when I purchased mine, they offered it to me.

$199 for the side bags, rack and rack for a top bag.

The addition of the top bag was $149.

For that price, I bought them. They will colour match the bike and are removable, much better than the system I kluged together on my last wee.

·
Registered
32 Posts
May have just missed

I bought my bike the last week of July is there any mention of letting recent buyers in on it??
:hurray: I hope...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought my bike the last week of July is there any mention of letting recent buyers in on it??
:hurray: I hope...
It will be up to the dealers. They may try to tell you otherwise, and that they can't do anything about it, but if you force the issue, they might should give them to you. I would, if for no other reason than to keep you happy and use their service dept. They may tell you that they gave you an equivalent discount and can't add on the bags as well, but that may not be true. I bought a car once and a week later there was a free sat radio deal.

However, you can get much nicer givi stuff, plus some choice in terms of size and style, online for very good prices. So, I wouldn't have a full-on meltdown at the dealership if you can't get the deal.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I wasn't sure if this was some sort of post-sale incentive type thing owners received in the mail or something. If it was, I'd probably call a dealer.

I am the 2nd owner of my 2011 already.. and the PO bought it in April, I think. So no cheap Zuki bags for me.

'Tis okay. Bought some aftermarket stuff and am pretty darn happy with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts