StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I've seen a couple of ads with the Suzuki 1000 bags mounted with the tail reflector portion facing the front. Is there a reason people do this?
They are correct, that bike just has a revere gear.

That ain't nuthin:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I rode mine home frrom the dealer then to Ashville, NC before I noticed them installed backwards.

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
Goll...ly, I guess some folks don't know their hole from an ass in the ground.
Who'd a thunk it?
A feller at the Newcombs Ranch on Hwy 2 got bugged because we noticed his new tires were mounted backwards.
This side up!:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sometimes if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. Took a friends rear sportster tire to a local Harley dealer and when we went to pick it up I noticed it was mounted backwards on the rim. Then they fixed that and forgot to balance the tire. Needless to say, I won't go back to them!:furious:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I suppose it's not a big deal on a 1000 but on the 650 isn't one bag bigger than the other? If you mounted them backwards the one on the right would stick way out.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Could just paint those red reflectors and it wouldn't matter then... :green_lol:

When I was looking at used bikes a few of them had the OEM SOFT bags on backwards. I had to correct the bags on the one i bought, the reflectors pointing forward bugged me... :mod2_smartass:

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Looks OK to me, but then I'm a left-handed dyslexic. At one time I had both an RD350 and DR350. You can imagine the confusion that caused.

·
Registered
158 Posts
It's faster with them mounted backwards.
Works even better with the helmet mounted backwards.
:)

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
"Works even better with the helmet mounted backwards."

At least you'd have a good view of where you've been! Oh, wait, that's only if your entire head was turned around. Oh, well. Hey it is Halloween.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts