StromTrooper banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bikes in today for the recall, they've given me a DL1000 as a loaner.

Damn it's got some punch in that engine......brakes are far better than mine which is a concern. I know their 4 pot V 2 pot but I'll be checking mine when I get it back.

Not keen on the instruments and the standard screen is a shocker.

Big question is.......is it $5k better than the DL650?
Got the bike back, no issues found so all good.

Riding the DL1000 and the DL650 back to back, the 1000 has a lot more low down torque and better brakes, would I trade the VStrom in on one, no.:wink2:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I received my recall letter today so will have to book it in. The last recall was done in the cbd at action but they've since closed. Guessing Kigarah is the closest to home now. Any ideas on how long the work takes for the vee?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I received my recall letter today so will have to book it in. The last recall was done in the cbd at action but they've since closed. Guessing Kigarah is the closest to home now. Any ideas on how long the work takes for the vee?
Is yours a Vee2?
If it is it depends if any of the wiring harness needs to be replaced and this can't be known until the the tank is off and the connectors can be examined. When mine was done they needed it for a few hours only as the connectors were ok. Otherwise they would have needed it all day.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Stu53 mine is a 2008 model. It's my second recall in 5 years and I thought they did something to sort the rectifier last time. That's what they are looking at this time. From what Ive read here most are for younger models.

·
Super Moderator
5,176 Posts
Nearly 40.000Ks on my 2015 DL650. Noticed that my vin No is listed on this site Suzuki Australia — Suzuki DL650A XA models Second owner, no letters from suzuki...
This is for the stator issue.
I'd imagine that the first owner received the letter and threw it away. Go inquire at your favourite Suzuki Dealer. As your VIN is still on the list your bike has perhaps not been done - or your Suzuki dealer can tell you if it has been done.
Stators have been problematic with some V-Strom models.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'd imagine that the first owner received the letter and threw it away. Go inquire at your favourite Suzuki Dealer. As your VIN is still on the list your bike has perhaps not been done - or your Suzuki dealer can tell you if it has been done.
Stators have been problematic with some V-Strom models.
Yeah I was hoping that it had been done, but I bought the bike a few days before that publish date, bugger....
The original owner had just put a new battery in it, after 8.000 Ks, which had me a little concerned.
Still showing over 14 volts when running at this stage.
Will check out local Suzuki dealers on Monday, pick their brains, determine their interest...

·
Super Moderator
5,176 Posts
I'm not sure on that. It was discussed on the international forums as it was an international issue, and not confined to Australia. Just go to your dealer - and don't just pick their brains, they are obliged to handle the issue on behalf of Suzuki Japan.

"Yeah I was hoping that it had been done, but I bought the bike a few days before that publish date, bugger... "
To me that means that your letter went to the original owner, who trashed it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hmm, just rang my local dealer, who checked my vin and said that it was clear of recalls on his Suzuki site...
Was happy with that, but my vin still shows up on the ACCC site Site search
Might have to open it, have a look...

121 - 130 of 130 Posts