StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I would have knew what a crappy idle and low rpm throttle response this DL would have BEFORE buying it. Trying to solve the FI problem is exactly what I did not want to do, that's why I bought a new bike. That being said....Is there a Suz. tech rep. or support org. in the US for addressing this problem? It seems that Suz. corporate is just letting each dealer deal with pissed off customers and has to search for a solution via mapping, ECM swaps.....what ever it takes. I hate to say to the dealer, take it back. Its a perfect bike except for the FI!!!!!! What is the cookbook solution for the coughing, farting, stalling. poor idle blues? I can't believe corporate doesn't know about this.......

·
Registered
566 Posts
MikeyA said:
What is the cookbook solution for the coughing, farting, stalling. poor idle blues? I can't believe corporate doesn't know about this.......
ummmmmmm I believe your confusing the DL1000's issues with the DL650. Many people have had problems with the stock FI on the DL1000. The DL650 has no issues with the FI unless the bike was incorrectly setup or has a defective part. Take it back to the dealer. :roll:

·
Registered
195 Posts
mikeya....settle, dude!!!
finish filling out your profile....what year/model of v-strom & where do you live? let's see if we can get some stuff sorted out before you go too ballistic.
i've had my k5 dl650 since april 04 and have 11k problem-free miles. not ALL stroms are problem-plagued. let's try to work on this, together....

·
Registered
312 Posts
MIKEY
look up JoeS on this forum. Same symptoms. It was a coil shorting against the frame. Exactly the same story. All well now and running smooth and strong

Z

·
Registered
312 Posts
look up Joe S profile and ask him.

see, this isn't at all an FI issue: in fact, were it not for some clever engineering on the FI the thing would barely run.... the parameters/controls of the system are compensating like mad for the lost spark

z

J

·
0 Posts
It was my bike and I don't know if it was the front or rear cylinder. What it was doing started out as a minor miss and graduated into a point where it was running very poorly. When the dealer diagnosed it as a coil and swapped it the bike ran fine and continues to run fine. The fuel injection on this bike is actually quite well sorted out.
I do think Suzuki must have had some bad coils as I have heard similar complaints more than once.
Once it gets fixed I doubt you will have any other problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts