StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has upgraded the suspension on their 2017+ vstrom 650, if so what did they upgrade too and how did it change the ride?

I'm new enough of a rider that I really can't tell if my bike could use some improvment... My primary concern is that I'm a heavy guy (6'2 350lbs about), and the front forks really dive on any kind of braking and / or on speed bumps.

I don't know if it's supposed to be that way or if it's something I could improve.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Call Ted Porter's Beemer Shop. Ask for Jeff. He'll talk though options for you.

I have a Wilbers rear shock and gold valve emulator on the front. Both bought from them. I'm pleased. But I'm only 165 lbs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got a pair of .95 Sonic springs and upgraded to 15wt oil for the front. Made the front much less dive happy when grabbing a big handful of brake...and made the front end feel much more planted.

Also sent my stock rear shock to Jay (aka 'Sasquatch') at Adventure Power Sports LLC outside of Boise, Idaho... Adventure Power Sports, LLC He installed a spring more appropriate for my weight (225#, as opposed to the stock ~160# spring), re-valved it and had it back in just a few days. Haven't really had a chance to ride it yet with the new shock (damn snow and ice!) but with it installed and just sitting on it, feels much more planted and less saggy.

Give him a call at (208) 631-0520 and he can talk specifics with you...he knows Vstroms very well and he's now rebuilding shocks on a full-time basis.

Cheers...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts