StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right,

So my bike is going to get some new boingers this winter and I have heard about "willburs" shocks for the back of the 1000 and I was wondering if any one knows about a link for their products, or a # for them, or an email? I weigh about 190 naked and I often ride with a passenger and often with a ton of gear (see my picks on my blog) and I am looking for something to help wth the added weight. I am looking also for a company who is bassed in te UK for my front forks too. I am looking at a full rebuild with up rated springs and perhaps "emulators" too. Any help would be appreciated as I am abit clueless as to wat is out there. Oh yeah I have a 650.

TIA
Mike

·
Registered
351 Posts
Mishadbull

Just do a search on the site. I have written into a thread about Suspension Mods, the adddress for Wilbers should be easily found. When I talked to the European owner, forgotten his name, he was very helpful.

When you research the spring rates you have chosen for a 190 lbs person please post the rates (Kg/Nm). Any other mods : Race tech products, correct preload, oil viscosity, etc. Actually do you know the original 650 spring rates. The 1000 is around .760 Kg/Nm and the shock is 10 Kg/nm.
Sorry to ramble but for a 240lbs person he recommend a 18 Kg/Nm spring.

The Race tech emulators were cheap when I research them. They have adjustability for the flow of oil.
If anyone can explain more of how this valve works that would help.

Scooter

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks! Got in touch with them and am looking at the unit with the hydrolic preload and the remote resevuair but I might skip the remote res as the shock will run about 1100 by then. Ill let you know how it goes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts