StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father was talking to the guys at Muzzy's yesturday. They mentioned that a stock Hayabusa shock link would fit and lower the 'Strom by about 1.5". Anyone heard about this? My father needs to lower his 'Strom soon so he can feel more comfortable with it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
lowering link

Yes I've heard that also. Seth also makes a lowering link that lowers the bike about 1" he sells them for about $45.00 including shipping.

·
Registered
351 Posts
links

Do not drop the VS down a 1.5". This is going to be dangerous. The bike is going to be dragging it's foot pegs with even casual riding. My bike was lowered about 1.100". Back used a 151mm center distance of the holes for the lowering links. Front was dropped 26mm in the triple clamps. This is about the lowest the bike can be lowered to have weight biased to the front. My forks almost touch the handle bars. I found with the bike lowered the pegs dragged and with two up the rear tire would rub on the inner fender. I'm about to put the bike back to stock in the back and a 14 - 16 mm drop in the front. Go with Seth's lowering links they drop the bike 7/8" . These would be perfect. I heard you can also buy a lower seat.

Scooter

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Seth's link sounds like the thing to do. Um... How do I get in touch with him? I've seen his name quite a few times, but never any contact info... Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sent an Email to Seth. Hope to have a set of links soon. Thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts