StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ridden quite a bit off road on stock set up with Torance tires.

My bike will bottom out guite a bit going through rain culverts or over bumps of 6" at 5-15 mph or so. If I increase to 30mph the ride smooths out with more frequent bottoming. The Torance tires are pretty slippery in dirt too and almost no traction in mud.

I'm seriously thinking about upgrades of new dog bones to raise, Elka rear and Sonic fork. Not sure if I should change fork valving or if springs / oil would be enough.

Has anyone turned there 1k into a worthy dirt machine? I'm sure the tires have to be changed too. I did buy the fork brace and can't really tell a difference.

Have my sights set on Alaska this summer and have visions of trout / salmon streams in the back country.

I'm always on edge on dirt. Would love to feel more control stability.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Fork brace – money waste.

Tires, knobbies of your choice, there are plenty to choose from. They do make big difference.
Suspension, make it adjusted to your weight. The bones might be the same, but the shock can be enlarger to an inch or so, Elka does it.
Fork, race tech valves and springs, everything explained on their site along with some theory. It will take a while to get things right though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts