StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I surprised my folks for Easter with a visit! I left Pasadena Friday morning and rode to Madison, FL the first day, 766 miles in a little over 12 hours, not too shabby for a little 650! Could have gone on in, but promised my wife I would not ride at night! Rode in to Winter Haven Saturday morning arriving at about 11:15, my mom could not have been any more surprised, her #4 son, in her driveway when he should be a 1000 miles away! Priceless! Return trip, left Winter Haven Wed. morning at 7AM, rode to Walker, LA and called it a day! Thursday morning rode on in to Pasadena, it was only about 4 hours! Weather was absolutely fabulous, clear skies, temps in the mid 70's, picture perfect! Total milage was 2062, total fuel used, 41.24 gallons for an avg. 50MPG! and an avg. moving speed of 65 MPH!
The Wee is an awesome machine!

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
The Wee is an awesome machine!
Just wait until you take it somewhere more topographically varied.

Did you get any chocolate bunnies?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suspect you were the #1 son for a day. :thumbup:
You are correct, we went to Easter services at church and Mom was able to dote on me!!!:hurray:

You, sir, are an Iron-Butt rider waiting to happen!
That is the plan, this was just a "warm-up" to the real deal, maybe next month I will do my Iron-Butt granted I'll have to ride a little farther, it was only 997 miles from driveway to driveway!:thumbup:

Just wait until you take it somewhere more topographically varied.
Did you get any chocolate bunnies?
Taking the Wee to Colorado in Aug. that should be enough of a topographical variance to show her true colors!

Sadly no, but I did get to participate in the baking of a Southern tradition... A pound cake, let me tell you, it was GREAT!!!!! Just wish I'd had room on the bike to bring some back with me!:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in Houston also. :thumbup: Looking to make a trip to Florida this winter as well. Did you just take 10 most of the way? Any recommended stops?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts