StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey Stretch,

Bruce, Harry and Rolex are good fellas. I haven't met Bully yet, but if he comes from Narooma, he must be good!

I'm a bit suss of the rain but we will see.

Bruce, Rolex and Bully will have to work out what time they will get to the Bay, Mcdonalds probably.

My scenic tour plan is to return from Central Tilba to the Bay in the arvo.

As you you would be aware, due to the very high Police presence (due to the fires) we will be sight seeing rather than qualifying.

:)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey Glee.
Will not believe it Leanne and I will be in Batemans Bay that weekend.
Visiting a mate and his wife who nearly lost his house, and just had a knee reconstruction.
Enjoy guys.

Harry

·
Registered
138 Posts
Unfortunately I'm out due to a family commitment. I was looking foward to a meet up but maybe next time. I hope the weather isn't too unkind for the remaining riders.

Cheers,
Tony

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
It is 4:15am and it is raining buckets not drops.

I'm all packed & expecting a call from Bruce about midday when a decision will be made.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Unfortunately the weather got the better of us, however it is a postponement rather than a cancellation. Looking forward to a trip down there soon a catch up with you guys who call that area home.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Seeing & being seen are hard to achieve in that heavy rain then the fact that it's been a long time since we had good rain so there will be a lot of oil floating to the road surface making traction a great unknown.

I think it turned out to be a good call Bruce, I have a R80 BMW that has been waiting on some new rings so the time at home will not be a total loss.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey Brucestrom,

organising a ride to support small business's that have been affected by fire was cool.

However, organising a ride that puts the fires out and puts a serious dent in the drought is exemplary!

(y)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey Gleeful talking to Pete and probably the only time we can both put this ride back on the Agenda will be April now. I should have known as soon as I bought my Cooling vest it would be cold and wet. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ok the ride is back on again, April 3rd - 6th.
Friday April 3 Stay at Rolex (Pete's farm Near Dalton)
Saturday April 4 Stay at Batemans Bay
April 5 Bundanoon (Stay at the Pub)
April 6 Home (Sydney)
If anyone would like to join us for some or all of the ride , or even a feed or drink that would be great. Post where and when you can meet up and we will see what works for everyone.
Cheers Bruce

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Looks like my bride will be joining us too.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi all.
Leanne & I will more than likely ride down Saturday
Dinner, drinks, then ride back with you guys Sunday, but head home from Bundanoon.
No leave at the moment.
Thanks Bruce

Harry & Leanne

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
This weekend headed to Pete's farm on Sat morning, think the worst of it should be gone by then. Headed down your way April3 -6, will you be around then for a ride?.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I saw on the tele about a month ago pollies big noting on portable shops being installed for shopkeepers at Mogo.

Went past Mogo today and the dongas are around the back of a car park with construction fences around them with no water or power.

Definitely not as inspiring as what I saw on TV.

I know it was pretty unprecedented, although predicted, but nothing seems to have changed in regard to burnt buildings apart from it is a bit greener,

(n)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey Brucestrom and Rolex,

I'll send you a mudmap of part of the far south coast that I planned to take you. I think the pillions in a million will like it!

:coffee:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thanks Gleeful, shame your not around for the ride yourself.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hi Guys, Sorry all, this ride just isn't meant to be. With all COVID19 issues it just wouldn't be right to go ahead.
Please stay safe everyone.
Cheers Bruce (Strom)

Reactions: Brockie
21 - 40 of 42 Posts