StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am scheduled to pick up my new bike next Saturday, I hope I don't jinx myself. Wow, it has been a very long wait, and NO I would not do it again. No PDP program for me. I'll be riding in Alabama. Any good suggestions on nice roads to try?

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Test your agility.

Hi, Clem.

Exactly two miles due south of the Barber Museum is a road called Bailey. This is so twisty that snakes avoid it. Lou and Charlie and I meandered up and down it a few years ago, and we are still dizzy from it ... well, I am, anyway.

Good luck with your new mount!
Keith

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked my Tenere at noon today !!
I did not pre-order.
The Yamaha dealer ordered one extra one (Blue) and I was first with the money. :hurray:
Consider yourself very lucky. I waited a year for my order, still not in my possession, full of ups and downs. Yamaha said it would be a "strict" delivery by date ordered. And everyone knows now how that deal went.

Like I said before, PDP is not for me!

The saving grace, I'll have one soon.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll be riding around Talladega on Saturday/ Sunday, if anyone wants to ride in Alabama this weekend give me a shout. May stop in at Barber as well.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, it grunts like a pig but moves like a gazelle. Just got back, broke the beast in and it is nothing like the v stroms. It will take some getting use to the motor, really hear the motor grunt. Shaft drive is very smooth. The brakes are outstanding, linked with ABS. The traction control is a nice feature, keeps the back end from slipping. I got 51.5 average MPG the whole trip in touring mode. I did not once shift to sport mode, since it made the back wheel spin (gee wonder that) Which blows my mind. I rode below 4K rpm though. It has plenty of niggles to work out for sure. The ergo's has to get better, risers, windshield, seat, horn,, all can be improved. When I set this bike up, I think it will be awhile till I do it again.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really I could not be happier! I mounted the micas tonight. I am very happy with the bags. They are pricey but top quality for sure.

parting shot

·
Registered
251 Posts
yammie

Clem, that pretty sharp. I like the side cases but are you going to be able to clear a Russell seat. You know you gotta have one. Curt

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Clem, that pretty sharp. I like the side cases but are you going to be able to clear a Russell seat. You know you gotta have one. Curt
of all the things I want, a russell seat has got to be it. It will make this bike very very tall. I can't get one before heading North in 3 weeks, that is my biggest concern. I may have to give it to stitch on time to massage the seat for me.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Clem,

Did you get it at Barney's?

I was just there at lunchtime today, hoping to see one.
They said they just delivered it to the anxious owner.

I'm working in Ybor.

I'd love to see it if you feel like riding out here tonight.

I'm headed home tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Norm I have it torn apart for lighting, I am working on aux lighting at this time. I bought the bike in Alabama at D&H cycle, about 700 miles away.

I am getting it ready for a trip up North , and have to work the niggles out of it.

Mostly, the things that most of us change. Motor sounds like a tractor, and pulls like one. The shaft is very quiet. The brakes and suspension are 1st class. The touring mode lets you get 50 mpg. Uses premium fuel though. Overall, I am pleased with it.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Norm I have it torn apart for lighting, I am working on aux lighting at this time. I bought the bike in Alabama at D&H cycle, about 700 miles away.

I am getting it ready for a trip up North , and have to work the niggles out of it.

Mostly, the things that most of us change. Motor sounds like a tractor, and pulls like one. The shaft is very quiet. The brakes and suspension are 1st class. The touring mode lets you get 50 mpg. Uses premium fuel though. Overall, I am pleased with it.
I guess that says something about Barney's,

Sure I can't tempt you with pizza?

Congratulations on the new ride, have a great trip,

Norm

·
Registered
251 Posts
Tenere seat

I have talked to the guy at a stitch in Time. He seems to know what he is doing. He is a bit cruiser oreinted though. Curt

1 - 20 of 28 Posts