StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as my luck would have it, right when I sold my DL I get notice from Yamaha that all deliveries will be held up till November... supposedly. I am trying too find the good side of all of this, and I have yet to find it. I have never bought on a PDP program before (and would probably never again), not that I was excited about it before.

Who would have thought that such an event would have taken place. I am going to call the guy and see if he wants to sell my bike back....:headbang:

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Even with the Super Tenere looking to be a great bike, this seems tough to take. Is this the direct result on the tsunami?

Interesting how life can truly "turn on a dime". Who would guess that Japan would be devastated because of an earthquake and the resulting tsunami.

Hang in there!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes this is a result of the earthquake/Tsunami. Apparently, some of the parts are made in the areas affected, rendering Yamaha unable to complete the bikes.

Thanks for your support. I plan on waiting for it, but this bike has a real test of how badly I want it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
On the bright side, you live in Florida, so even if you get it in November or later, it's still going to be riding season. Here in Northern Arizona getting a bike in Nov-Dec would likely be adding insult to injury because of winter weather :cheers2:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed, we ride year round, in any weather. The difficulty is that means no trips this summer up North unless I get wheels. The only time to ride in the Northlands, Summer. I hate the cold.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Clem, there may be a slight positive side to the wait. A lot of times a manufacturer will do something special for customers whose delivery is delayed. Who knows. Besides, you still have an orange Wee in the household,

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ole wifee has been very very patient with me lately, hmmm, something's up?

She has been great with letting me use her bike. I have little else to travel with (yikes)

I am planning on going to Ironhorse though.

I called Yamaha, they were not happy with me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts