Freedom Cycles, Halifax, NS
Black
No Cases
$16,500

What's a fella gonna do?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
594 Posts
Saw a blue one heading west on Mt. Albert road the other night. If I hadn't been taking my youngest to work - I would have done a 180 and drooled after it. Will have to drop over to the local dealer with wife in tow and put on my best puppy dog face!

I know nothing first hand about them, only what i've read but if there as half well built, reliable and easy to work on as the several other Yamaha products I own, it just might go in the "someday" file under the "sooner rather than later" section.

Safe rides
Bob

· Registered
808 Posts
Haven't seen any other than one at the Spring Bike Show. I would like to sit on one again to see how it fits. US prices at least $3-4000.00 cheaper, makes a trip south appealing.

· Registered
230 Posts
Saw one last night (my first spotting of one in the wild) at the Cranberry Twp Pa. Quaker Steak and Lube bike night..... I was drolling!

· Registered
60 Posts
I got to take one for a spin back in May.......I'm in love!!!!!

· Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Mags,

Where was that? All I've heard from the dealers is that there were only 2 in Canada all spring for the shows, and there you are all covered in $shit (including your grin) with knobbies on.

· Registered
60 Posts
Hey Jimm
You are right there were only 2 in Canada and I was lucky to get on one. It was at the Toronto Motosport Speedway in Cayuga. I was lucky enough to attend the Experienced Rider Training Symposium (ERTS) Experienced Rider Training Symposium - Canada May 2011
What a blast. When we pulled into the track early I saw her and started drooling. Clinton said-want to take her for a spin? HELL YA. It was great as we got to ride a lot of different bikes that week and learning styles. This picture was after our dirt bike/off road module....we got a little dirty!!! :thumbup:
Now I have to find someone willing to give me 16,500 for my Strom LOL.

· Registered
592 Posts
Jimm, I'm meeting up with Dirt_Dad later this week or first of next. I hear a rumour that he may be travelling, not only with his lovely wife, but possibly aboard a snappy new Tenere. PM me a number that I can give you a shout at. He's supposed to be calling me the night before so I can go meet him possibly down the Eastern Shore. I'm sure he'd love to meet any of the guys that are available to go for a run on short notice.

Maybe I'll even get some pics... ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.