StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For us North Americans longing for hazard lights, behold this simple and inconspicuous solution.

I'm impressed with *THESE* little waterproof switches (5-pack for $8.63 on Amazon). Seem to be very well made and will easily mount on your dash, as shown below. If you don't want to drill, the back of the switch body is flat so you can surface mount it anywhere with 3M tape, like on your windshield bracket.

Behind the dash you'll find a light green and a solid black wire in the big wire bundle. Tap each of the switch wires into these two and you're all set. When this switch is clicked on your turn signals will act like hazards. Switch it off and your turn signals go back to normal.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Was happy to see hazards on the CB500x and big switch easy to find. I'm completely weirded out that it's not standard on all motorcycles.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Am I on the wrong page? every m/c that i have had for some time has had 4 way flashers. just flip the switch and all 4 turn signals blink on and off. present 2005 wee included.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have them stock on my 2006 Vee. Did they get removed when the bike got redesigned in 2014? Or maybe you're talking about a different machine, brock. Is that the case?

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Fantastic info Brock. By any chance does this work without the key activated?

·
Registered
209 Posts
That's so wacky. All it does is bridge the left and right turn circuit at the same time, in the same housing even. Wouldn't they just be able to share a part? I can't imagine how making a separate part saves much money.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wow if an aftermarket solution costs $9, what would a factory solution cost? $2-$3?
Even at $9 or even $20, I dont think there is enough there to sneeze at.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow if an aftermarket solution costs $9...
Actually, $9 gets you a 5-pack of switches.

They make a great bike at this price point so I won't complain too loudly. Brakes, suspension, hazards, seat... all upgradable if you don't like what you get for the price.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Am I on the wrong page? every m/c that i have had for some time has had 4 way flashers. just flip the switch and all 4 turn signals blink on and off. present 2005 wee included.
They went away at some point but are back on the 2019s. Inexplicable.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They went away at some point but are back on the 2019s. Inexplicable.
I read some early literature that claimed hazards were back in '19, but several owners have stated here that their '19 doesn't have them. Do you have a North American '19 that has them?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I read some early literature that claimed hazards were back in '19, but several owners have stated here that their '19 doesn't have them. Do you have a North American '19 that has them?
I stand corrected, Brock. I could've sworn that I read on Suzuki's website earlier this year that there was a feature point under electrical that said 4-ways were included; now it's gone. there is another thread from last March in the forum that states North American DL's don't have them but other markets do.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Imho that’s exactly what Suzuki is doing wrong, cheaping out on these bikes when they shouldn’t be.
Not that I'm defending a lack of hazards, but being able to market a bike as cheap as this isn't done. by cutting out one really expensive thing. It's done by many many individual cost savings. I like the idea of being able to walk out the door with a heavy wallet, and then farkling the bike the way I want.
My only complaint about my 2018 Wee XT is the ground clearance. It really needs another two inches. Anything else is "fixable".

·
Registered
331 Posts
So just to reiterate, connect one switch wire to the green and the other switch wire to the black?

Do you have to also switch on one of your turn signals as well as press the installed switch to get your hazard lights?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So just to reiterate, connect one switch wire to the green and the other switch wire to the black?

Do you have to also switch on one of your turn signals as well as press the installed switch to get your hazard lights?
Correct on the wires.

To get 4-way flashers, your new switch has to be on and just turn on your turn signals (either side). The switch when on just bleeds the current from one side to the other when your turn signals are active.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts