StromTrooper banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all of you Stromtroopers out there~I have been trying to find some SUPER REFLECTIVE GLOW-IN-THE-DARK black reflective tape (2-3" in width) to increase my nighttime visibility. I can find all kinds of reflective tape on the web, but none that GLOWS BRIGHTLY at night. Can you all help me out? Is the only thing that is extremely bright, a white reflective material? I would like black on black Givi luggage so it does not show during daylight. HELP :confused:

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Hey all of you Stromtroopers out there~I have been trying to find some SUPER REFLECTIVE GLOW-IN-THE-DARK black reflective tape (2-3" in width) to increase my nighttime visibility. I can find all kinds of reflective tape on the web, but none that GLOWS BRIGHTLY at night. Can you all help me out? Is the only thing that is extremely bright, a white reflective material? I would like black on black Givi luggage so it does not show during daylight. HELP :confused:
Just search ebay for black reflective tape and pick the size you want. I'd recommend the 3M brand

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Ebay, there's a US supplier. "3mstore"

It's excellent on the lower fork legs as well so get a couple of extra strips for that. Good for stone protection and makes it really obvious it's a bike at night. (Makes it easier for cars to judge distance)

Luck
Pete

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Yea...I Ordered the Black Reflective tape from this company IDENTI-TAPE - Reflective Tapes. Look under the "Engineering Grade" link. I got the 1" wide stuff, but they have 2", 4", and 6" wide also. It looks great, can hardly see it in the day and reflects well at night. I put it on the swingarm and the front forks.

Oh yea...and it's the 3M Scotchlite Black tape.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The OP is asking about two different things- reflective black tape, and/or glow-in-the-dark tape. Reflective tape is easily available, whereas glow in the dark :confused:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have both the white and black reflective pinstriping tapes.
The white is definitely more bright when it comes to reflecting.....
Maybe I'll take a picture this weekend when I get around to it.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I get sheets of 3M reflective vinyl RK-99B at the BMW dealer in Orange Ca for about 17 bucks. 2 Sheets in each pack 8X11". Then I cut my own shapes to suit the need. Works really well.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
The OP is asking about two different things- reflective black tape, and/or glow-in-the-dark tape. Reflective tape is easily available, whereas glow in the dark :confused:

This is the 3m black reflective tape at work. I think it qualifies as glow in the dark eh?

And since I procured the pics of this strom from another website I thought I would put a link to the trip he took. From Texas to Oregon and a little circle. Hey for all I know it's someone here

Texas to Idaho-Washington-Oregon-Utah and Back - TWT Forums

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
LED lighting glows in the dark. Retroreflective tape bounces light back toward a light source.

I don't think there is any "super reflective" black tape. There are different reflective levels. The red or white DOT-C2 tape used on truck trailers is one of the most reflective and reflects at wide angles. SOLAS white tape from a marine supply store is very reflective but at narrow angles. Engineering grade is moderately reflective.

·
Registered
116 Posts
There is photoluminescent tape that essentially charges itself when exposed to a light source and glows in the dark, but the tape itself is usually a light color and does not put out much light.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts