StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking that I'll be ready for a ride by sunday (8/17).

I'm thinking mostly paved, starting near the NC/SC border and heading up to the Parkway. There's one mostly dirt road that with the light rain we've gotten should be "just right" for some of you dirt track virgins.

Any takers:

Johndre, Riley, Zoeydog, Stewart (oops wrong forum), MikeD am I forgetting anyone?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Norm, sounds good to me. Just checking my calender, do you mean Sat or Sun? Either day is good for me just let me know which.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hey Norm

I'm working Saturday evening. A last minute ,you have to be here type of thing.:sad1:
I'll talk to my wife and see if she can make plans with a friend for Sunday. I'll let you know Saturday afternoon if I can make it.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's sunday.

I'm still just learning how to use calendars.

I fixed the post.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where and when Norm, Looks like great weather on Sunday. Thanks for steping up and saying "lets roll"
Snakesan,

I'll nail something down after a few more posts roll in.

As for time, I'm thinking early, 9 ish.

As for location, I'm thinking somewhere near the NC/SC border with coffee, breakfast, gas and toilets.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm in

Hey Norm , just let me know when and were. I'll review the info this evening after work. Must let the pretty one know the route just in case.
I love the smell of coffee, breakfast, gas, and toilets in the morning. (OK not the toilets). The aforementioned items prior to the toilets, smell like VictorWee.
Mike D.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The aforementioned items prior to the toilets, smell like VictorWee.
I'd like you to know ahead of time, bad puns are not tolerated on rides that I organize. If there are to be any bad puns they'll come from mee.

So far we have people from Saluda, NC, Walhalla, SC and Asheville, NC. Traingulating these locations puts us in Rosman, NC. Despite its many charms, Rosman fails to offer all the required infrastructure elements on a Sunday morning.

Nearby Brevard does.

How does 9:13 at the Brevard McDonald's on Hwy 64 sound?

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was between Mickey Dee's and Huddle House.

Not much else is open on sunday morning.

R

·
0 Posts
Man yall SUCK!!! Gotta work have a good ride a be safe. Yall doing pavement (178,215) or dirt or both.

RR

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man yall SUCK!!! Gotta work have a good ride a be safe. Yall doing pavement (178,215) or dirt or both.

RR
We're doing a tasteful combination of the two, on 75,000 acres of gated private property with nicely groomed dirt roads, slick rock outcroppings, a couple of creek crossings and spectacular overlooks.

There are some equally spectacular waterfalls fallng into languid pools populated by hard-fighting trout, grown fat and hungry by underfishing. I think members of the Women's Beach Vollyball Team of certain Scandanavian countries will be camping there and will have decended into a wantonly agitated state, ready for male comanionship by the time we arrive.

Yeah, too bad you've got to work.

You've got to send me your work schedule for each month.
Think about Labor Day Weekend.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alex, Dave and Mike, I had a great day thanks for showing up.

I'm beat from the beach vollyball, those girls can play!

I'll post some pictures tomorrow probably.

I came home and my wife said, "You look tired, why don't you go take a nap. And when you get up you can cook me dinner."

Cheers.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Good times

Hey Norm, Alex, Dave, and Jason. that was a good time today. I look foward to more rides in the future. Great to meet you all. Thanks Mike D.
+1 on the nap;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ride 8/17

Hi Troopers,

Sorry I missed the ride this Sunday. Been out and about in Sylva most of the weekend, helping some buddy's move in. On my way home Sunday evening after the unexpected rain and fog on the parkway I passed 3 Stroms around 7:30pm was that you guys? Hate I missed the ride.

Johndre

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Johndre,

No, that wasn't us. Did I mention there are almost as many V-Stroms in this area as chrome sleds piloted by Pirate/Cowboys. I don't think we encountered any other stroms. We saw some BMW's and a dejected-looking GSX-r operator, who we all surmised was probably recently aquainted with a Tranny County Deputy.

We never made it to the Parkway, although we got within a few miles. Mike got to scrub in his new tires. Jason (on his KLR) and Alex enjoyed pelting us with pebbles. Both Mike and Dave managed to end the day with their nekkid oil coolers intact. Dave, orginally from Brevard was kind enough not to yawn too much as my sorry route gradually revealed itself. And I got to pretend I knew where the hell I was leading this trio of slick pates.

As usual, we ran out of clock before we ran out of road, just about the time Alex, Mike and I got to Dugan's Pub. We left Dave with the Scandanavian Beach Vollyball team and some RedBull.

I'll post the couple of pictures I managed to take on ADVrider or VSRI and link'em here. The attachment resrictions here are just a little too restrictive and I cannot afford the cerebral resources required to deal with a photo host.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Great ride guys. It really made me aware of how long it has been since i have found myself doing 50 on gravel just trying to keep you guys in sight, or even finding myself on gravel at all except for my 1/3 mile driveway. Lots of fun reaching back for the skills of the old days of bombing around the woods with the 441 Victor.
Needless to say the yellow strom did a wonderful job! It let me keep my tender hide off the rocks and stuff and handled the stretch Norm called the "technical'

part of road, i say road only because it says so on the map, with grace and style. A lot of bouncing,squirming and squirreling around, and the ratt-lin from the bags, but with grace.
Sorry to miss the Pub but I just couldn't leave the team:D

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
478 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts