StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a crazy Sunday. 30 minute ride to barbeque, parked Wee securely on grass with handlebar locked. A guest tapped my bike and it went over onto the grass on its' right side. Upset as hell, kept my 2011 Wee in perfect condition and never dropped it. My son righted the bike, and miraculously only the right front turn signal was broken, and a small amount of gas leaked out. Reset cutoff switch, and Wee started right up. Drove it home on highway and nothing else found to be broken. Took off right front turn signal( easy to do ), and will have it replaced asap. Took off tank bra, as it absorbed some gas, will replace it too. Cleaned bike and inspected it closely, all seemed good, no scratches or other breakage as it fell on grass. Saw the warning sticker on tank after removing bra, and decided to take off sticker- not as easy as the stickers on black plastic. I used hairdryer and a small amount of isopropryl alcohol- took glue right off. End of day, tired, thankful that bike is good except right front turn signal and tank bra. Person who caused bike to drop will pay so no out of pocket expenses. I guess I will buy sw motech engine guards before Vermont trip in August. You never know what sh-t is gonna happen.:headbang:

·
Registered
518 Posts
I feel your pain. I was manoeuvring the Wee (2010 without a scratch) into the garage tonight. Put down the side stand (not far enough!), went to get off to open the garage door, and over she went. Tossing me off in the process. Nothing more than a scratch on the SW Motech guards. And a sore back for me. Man, is a Wee a pig to pick up. Guess I get out the touch up paint tomorrow.:headbang:

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
I had my tank on my trailer

Pushed the trailer 10 feet

Tow bar on spreader wipped over and put a nice scratch in the tank

I love her but she's a gawky broad now with a little scar, hardly matters.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Just simply wash the tank bra and allow to dry. No sense in buying a new one.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
The big plus is scars give the bike & us humans real character. Any thing or body can go around high fallutin' looking all purty & perfect. :beatnik:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
parked Wee securely on grass with handlebar locked. A guest tapped my bike and it went over onto the grass on its' right side. Upset as hell, kept my 2011 Wee in perfect condition and never dropped it.
If you had indeed parked the bike securely, a "tap" should not have resulted in a fall.

I hope you were more upset with yourself than the tapper and you rethink taking his/her money.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, forgot to say the bike was tapped by a car. I always check and re-check my Wee when parked.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,115 Posts
Sorry to say, but SW-Motech engine guards are not going to save your OEM direction signals. At least mine haven't -- twice. You might want to search the forum for other options for the turn signals -- flushmounts similar to what I finally installed, or some conversions from Buell and Aprilia that are said to fit.

The engine guards protect other, more expensive hardware though.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
Sorry to say, but SW-Motech engine guards are not going to save your OEM direction signals. At least mine haven't -- twice. You might want to search the forum for other options for the turn signals -- flushmounts similar to what I finally installed, or some conversions from Buell and Aprilia that are said to fit.

The engine guards protect other, more expensive hardware though.
Or, you could build a set of engine guards like mine that protect everything!

(But, if you are married and raising children, I would probably suggest that you don't attempt doing that.)

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I guess I will buy sw motech engine guards before Vermont trip in August. You never know what sh-t is gonna happen.:headbang:
Sorry to hear that.
I might just get the bars before VT rally. I have a funny feeling about RichW's 'dirt roads'..;)

EDIT: Removed Tank Bra question..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts