StromTrooper banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am heading from Manotick (just South of Ottawa) to Mississauga this Sunday, 19 June. I'll be riding via Calabogie, Bancroft, Haliburton then maybe to Gravenhurst and then find my way to Mississauga, somehow.

If any of you want to motor along for part of the trip (esp. between Calabogie and Hwy 41, along 65 and 71, woohee!), that'd be great. I'd be needing to stop for lunch or fries or both along the way. Recommendations are welcome.

Leaving home around 08:00, arrive Mississauga when I get there, not too late. Weather looks like it will be mighty fine.

Returning from TO to Manotick Wednesday, same route backwards likely.

NL Dave, you in for part of this?

Marc

·
Registered
486 Posts
wish I could

Can't make it, have plans for this sunday morning. would love to though. Have a safe trip.

Dave

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't make it, have plans for this sunday morning. would love to though. Have a safe trip.

Dave
OK Dave, we'll ride some other time. Cheers, Marc

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heading out soon. As always, I will be on the lookout for other V-Stroms (dogs, dead skunks, police cars, and more).

The rest of you get out and ride too. It's a nice day.

Marc

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There and back

Did I see you in CP before Lunch?
Very likely. I was late leaving home and did pass through Carleton Place before lunch hour. I stopped in CP for fuel and to buy ear plugs at the Home Depot, before riding through the old downtown.

I did see a few Stroms along the way on Sunday, one doing the twisties West of Calabogie with some sport bikes, another on 28. There are a few of us out there.

The ride to TO was great. The weather was perfect. I ate a late lunch at a great little restaurant just West of Bancroft, in Paudash, called the Craftsman. They had a fathers' day special, so I treated myself to a nice meal, being a father after all. A glass of wine or two would have been appropriate for the meal, but I passed on it, keeping my wits about me.

Instead of continuing on 118, I took 503 then 45 to Orillia. 503 wouldn't have been as much fun as continuing on 118 EXCEPT that I was passed at high speed by someone in an older but pristine looking Volvo 240 wagon. With him as point man I felt safe enough from the Law to follow far enough back at, er, entertaining speeds. Great fun. I know, I know...

From Barrie to Mississauga I got off the secondary roads and blasted down 400 at an indicated 130 to 140 (actual 10% less, I've checked). I felt a bit beat up after all that, (my high seat has my head up in the turbulence) but the bike never whimpered.

The return home yesterday was fine, missed all the rain until near Bancroft. Then it rained the rest of the way, but I mostly stayed dry and again had a great run home via 28/41/71/65/Calabogie(soup, tea and burger)/511/Tatlock Road/Appleton/Lower Dwyer/River Road to Manotick. Even in the rain I did not want the ride to stop. Butt's fine, wrists are a bit sore, but hey, I'm not 30 anymore; and the bike does need a bit more farkling.

Cheers all,

Marc

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have been adding to mine, now a new windscreen, top case on the rear, knuckle guards and a crampbuster, got about 2500 klms on her now and loving it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been adding to mine, now a new windscreen, top case on the rear, knuckle guards and a crampbuster, got about 2500 klms on her now and loving it.
I'm super busy for a while. We should try for a ride a couple weekends from now, invite others if they're into it (though they were quiet last time we tried).

I wonder, are there any rides planned by other people in the area?

Glad you're putting a few Kms on, and that you're enjoying the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts