StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A fellow co-worker and myself are going to ride up to Chapel Hill in the morning to the motorcycle cruise in on 15/501 (Old Michael's Sports Bar parking lot) if anyone wants to join us. He's meeting me at the Wendy's at the corner of High House and Maynard in Cary at 9:30am or if you want to ride on we'll see ya there.

Fletch

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just successfully registered here.
I rode to Chapel Hill this morning too.

I've seen several Stroms around Cary, we need to get/ride together sometime, or go for a camping trip up to the mountains or something.

I live just off NC-55 across Turner Elementary School in Brookstone subdivision.

I keep the same avatars in VSRI and ADVrider forums as well.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. We passed a black Vstrom heading up 15/501 on the way to Chapel Thrill. Was that you? I was on a Burgundy/Black Strom and my friend was on a Blue ZX-10.

We got a later start that initially planned and ended up missing everyone up at Cole Park Plaza (Old Michael's parking lot). Still had a pretty good ride though other than the heat.

Me, NCVstrom, and Adv-family all camp along with a few others in the area. I'm sure we can gather some more as well. We'll try to arrange a weekend trip once it cools down.

Once again, enjoy the site. We have some good people on here. :)

Fletch

·
Registered
293 Posts
Some of us camped this weekend

Welcome to the forum. We passed a black Vstrom heading up 15/501 on the way to Chapel Thrill. Was that you? I was on a Burgundy/Black Strom and my friend was on a Blue ZX-10.

We got a later start that initially planned and ended up missing everyone up at Cole Park Plaza (Old Michael's parking lot). Still had a pretty good ride though other than the heat.

Me, NCVstrom, and Adv-family all camp along with a few others in the area. I'm sure we can gather some more as well. We'll try to arrange a weekend trip once it cools down.

Once again, enjoy the site. We have some good people on here. :)

Fletch
I headed up to Boone this weekend and rode my but off. Camped at the KOA in Boone where they hold the big BMW shindig. Talk about cooler temps, I awoke to 60 degrees this morning! Great riding weather until I got back to interstate 40 today, I thought I would melt! I guess I should of posted something up, but it was a last minute thing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The KOA campground off of Hwy 194? My grandmother lives about 10 minutes from there. My old stomping ground. :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thanks!

We passed a black Vstrom heading up 15/501...
Nobody passes me :mod_biggrin:

I went NC54 west, then rode 15/501 north across I-40, went around Walmart shopping center and entered Chapel Hill from the north again. I stopped at friend's house for a little and came back through Jordan Lake. I was home by noon.

No I did not see a Strom today.

Here is a picture of my bike loaded (I commute only with tank bag and top box though)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thats it

The KOA campground off of Hwy 194? My grandmother lives about 10 minutes from there. My old stomping ground. :)
Not a bad campground. I guess you have riden the Meat Camp road to 88 then? That route 88 is intense! I will definitely be doing that again. It added a couple hours to my return trip, but was worth it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts