StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMFG. :mod2_1eye:

13º Celcius (~ 60º F) today and when moving - things were ok, sitting still, getting warm. Hard to imagine what its going to be like riding when its 25ºC/ 80ºF.

Gear today :
-t-shirt & jeans
-Joe Rocket Comet Jacket (no liner, all vents open)
-Joe Rocket Alter Ego Overpants - vents 1/3 open (no liner)
-Arai Vector Helmet
-Sidi B-2 Boots. (feet were fine)

Suggestions - as the season is quickly approaching...

I WILL be changing out my stock windscreen and putting my UK Shorty back on, (wind is good) tomorrow.

I may go out and try some of those KneeDragger Jeans on to reduce ONE more layer, that or some sort of mortorcycle pant (instead of the overpants) - but I DO like the knee armor.

OK EXPERIENCED GUYS ! LET THE VALVES OPEN WITH YOUR WISDOM ! :var_1:

·
Registered
44 Posts
:bom_sweatdrop:as a rider stuck in heat upwards of 100 degrees F, I can tell you mesh is your friend if you want to go ATGATT. I wear Cortech/Tourmaster mesh jacket and pants with shorts and t shirt underneath, and when you are moving it is great. No matter what you do when you stop it is always hot.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Check out J.R. Atomic jeans. Armour in knees and hips. Zippered pockets to keep your stuff safe. Nice light cloth lining too.

·
Registered
628 Posts
. . . Hard to imagine what its going to be like riding when its 25ºC/ 80ºF.

Just goes to show how we live in different worlds. I rode today and it only got up to 70 and I had to stop and dig out my extra sweatshirt to wear under my jacket and put on an extra pair of socks. It's not good riding weather until the upper 70's and riding in the 80's to low 90's is the best. I won't hardly ride if it gets below 60, waaay too cold.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I'm trying something new this season. I've always riden in jeans or HT overpants with shorts underneath and a mesh jacket.

This winter I bought some FG mesh pants, Underarmor underwear, UA shorts, and UA long sleeve heat gear shirts. I went with the long sleeve as the mesh jacket can get sticky when sweaty on bare arms.

I'm going to wear the UA undies and shorts under the mesh pants and the long sleeve shirts under the mesh jacket. I'm looking for some UA "pants" but haven't found them yet. I know they make them but my local retailers haven't had them in stock.

I tried the UA stuff for the first time a few weeks ago for jogging and am absolutely amazed at how well this stuff works!!!!

I think it under the mesh gear will be about as close to perfect as you're going to find in comfortable hot weather riding gear.

Hope it works!!

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
I just bought some Fieldsheer 4 season pants. I think they'll work better as 2 season pants, summer and winter. So far I've only tried them one time at about 80 degrees. Much better than my regular riding pants at that temp. I don't consider 80 to be all that warm, but I believe they will be a big improvement when things hit the mid-90s around here this summer.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Just goes to show how we live in different worlds. I rode today and it only got up to 70 and I had to stop and dig out my extra sweatshirt to wear under my jacket and put on an extra pair of socks. It's not good riding weather until the upper 70's and riding in the 80's to low 90's is the best. I won't hardly ride if it gets below 60, waaay too cold.
+1!!!

(I thought I was the only one!)

·
Registered
303 Posts
I like evap vests, but before you buy one try this: Soak a t-shirt and ride around a bit with a mesh jacket over it. If it helps, then an evap vest would be a good investment. They don't work so well when the humidity is over about 60 percent.

·
Registered
128 Posts
+1 for Mesh jacket and Kevlar lined jeans (with optional knee pads).

When it's really hot add Cool-tie and when really really hot add cooling vest.

Also keep hydrated with a easy to reach bottle or camel-bak type sytem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts