StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I have not responded to any posts this week about the Leesburg and Gainsville rides.
My good friend Ray's wife passed away on Thursday and I went to the funeral today. I want to help set up a Memorial fund raising ride but not sure the best way to go about it. A few guys from work said that some local bars (Bar out back and Handle bar and grill) might willing to help but I'm not sure if we want to go that route (Beer and bikes, not the best mix!). If any one has any suggestion on how to raise money for the family and will bring a community of bikers together for a good cause that would be great.

Thank you, Mystrom

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
MyStrom, no suggestions for you right now, but if you do find some venue and need help working it, just holler and I will help out whenever and wherever I can.

·
Registered
580 Posts
MyStrom
My families Prayers for Ray and his family.
We also have had a hard week, best friend and brother-in-law the same week. Got to know the Man upstairs has a better plan for all of us.

Get back on the road, I think it will help. Take Care

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
My sympathies, fellows. Sorry to hear about your losses. Fund raising is difficult these days. I was down in Port Charlotte Saturday for a Red Cross benefit bicycle ride. Maybe 40 people showed up and the organizers had 40 volunteers. To be blunt, the Red Cross lost their ass and it was a beautiful route and weather.

I know it sounds trite but the thought does count in my book.

Rod

1 - 4 of 4 Posts