StromTrooper banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
my 07 has a 3 year free suzuki warranty , i was on vacation when the lights failed . i took it to the first dealer i came to . they agreed it was the switch , ordered me one and sent it to me on the bus . the switch costs $140 bucks . they paid for shipping because i wanted to change it myself as they are 3 hour ride from me . its quite a struggle to disconect as it joins the wireing harness up in behind the radiator . also they told me i was the second person in a week to have the same issue
Thanks Chris. I am in communication with my local dealer and they are looking into it.

Greywolf's opinion about a headlight relay kit is also good, sound info, (as always!).

The funny thing is, while the French speaking mechanic was whipping up a solution to my bike, how he spoke and deliberately knew "what was what", I got to thinking that, somehow he had to have a bloodline that flowed through Evanston, Illinois. I guess that would make him "Loup Gris"

"Loup Gris", (actually, his name is Daniel), was surprised that I got nearly 60,000 miles out of my switch. He said they usually go in less then 8,000 miles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok one additional note...

After cleaning the connectors on the wiring harness I appeared to have fixed the headlight problem, then in the last few days it came back, argghh! This time high beam was ok, but low beam stopped working. before that nothing worked.

This time with some help off a friend I pulled the bike to pieces went all over the wiring harness then when I still hadn't fixed it by mistake knocked the connector (Hanging loose in the breeze) that is under the left hand side of the faring and the low beam light flickered into life again. Flexing this connector would make the light flicker on and off. Strange, I had been all over this connector before.

Opened up the connector and could just see that the pin in the connector that connects to the low beam switch on the LHS handlebar had sheared and was missing just a couple of milimeters of metal off the top.

So I soldered a piece of wire across the wires going in and out the connector to bridge the break, insulated it all carefully with tape and hey the light works perfect now!

Lucky! It appears to be all fixed now. :) :) :) :)

·
contributed too
57 Posts
Thanks Chris....

1+ on that thank you Chris.... and all the other input.... I stopped at a friends house and when I left no lights! check all the obvious things.... road his bike home and did a search on here and found this tread..... I got off work today and stopped by the dealer on my way over to his house and asked if this was common? he looked at me like I was nutty! lol! LIGHTS and STARTER?? he said maybe its the cluch button?...he had know clue...I really dont understand why the lights are tied into the starter button but I do know this.... IT IS!.... I was telling my buddy about the starter switch and he tried to take it apart before I got there and busted the white plastic cover but after cleaning up the terminals I cut some plastic shims to wedge it into place it's running fine.... but I do think I will order a new one ($82) just for peace of mind....

thanks for all the help.......

21 - 23 of 23 Posts