StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. We're leaving for a short (4-5 days) holiday to Sudbury, ON and points maybe north, east, or west.

Anyone up there know of interesting things to do in the area?

Been to the mine and science centre. What else?

Thanks.

Have bong, will travel.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
There's nothing like a Sudbury Saturday night. Aside from that, uh, nothing.

·
Registered
657 Posts
My wife's from Sudbury. She left exactly 28 years ago today. That might tell you something. Seriously, pleasant people, great scenery if you like rocks and moonscape. Areas north, east, and west have trees. Lots and lots of trees. The north shore of Lake Superior can be fabulous. Fill up at every opportunity as there are hundred of km's filled with nothing except trees and Lake ... and the odd rock. Watch for moose.

R

·
0 Posts
I grew up in Sudbury.... It's a quiet town now. Not much doing since Stomping Tom quit playing the Brockdan Hotel.
I left in 1978 and I can't remember the last time I was back.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
The biggest mosquitoes and the most ferocious black flies I ever encountered! :yikes:
I don't think you'll have to worry about them at this time of year though.

West of Sudbury, Route 6 from Espanola onto Manitoulin Island is gorgeous, cut through white quartz rock.
You ARE going to Manitoulin Island, aren't you?!

Also, Killarney Provincial Park is well known for it's beautiful hiking and kayaking.

Are you riding or driving?

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, we're back. 1250km over 4 days, almost all of it on back roads.

Did the Sudbury/Manitoulin thing. Rode the ferry, back and forth on the Bruce Penninsula, then all over hells 1/2 acre to get to Toronto.

Nice, nice ride...

R

·
0 Posts
Well, we're back. 1250km over 4 days, almost all of it on back roads.

Did the Sudbury/Manitoulin thing. Rode the ferry, back and forth on the Bruce Penninsula, then all over hells 1/2 acre to get to Toronto.

Nice, nice ride...
That's also a great bicycle ride if you are so inclined....no real hills (mountain passes) and lots of scenery.
You may want to do the ride before the bugs come out though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts