StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TwinMax finally arrived so I decided to face the inevitable. TB sync, plugs and air filter.

Attaching the extension tubes was easy. Did that with the tank on. At first I couldn't find the TB adjusting screw. Removed the tank to replace the air filter and spied the adjuster. The filter was filthy considering there's only 8500 miles on the bike.

The front spark plug was the hardest chore. But that was easier than plugs in my pickup.

After reinstalling the tank it started right up! HUZZAH!! I am always amazed that anything I work on runs afterwards.

The initial reading on the TwinMax was 1 at max sensitivity. Worse at higher revs or accellerating. Afterwards it zero everywhere. I don't know how that would correlate to in. Hg.

The bike has had a coarseness while on the power lately. I hope this cures it. Otherwise I'll have to look at the clutch or something mechanical.

All in all it was much easier than I thought it was going to be. At least this stuff didn't have to be done blind.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mountaintime05 said:
My TwinMax finally arrived so I decided to face the inevitable. TB sync, plugs and air filter.

Attaching the extension tubes was easy. Did that with the tank on. At first I couldn't find the TB adjusting screw. Removed the tank to replace the air filter and spied the adjuster. The filter was filthy considering there's only 8500 miles on the bike.

The front spark plug was the hardest chore. But that was easier than plugs in my pickup.

After reinstalling the tank it started right up! HUZZAH!! I am always amazed that anything I work on runs afterwards.

The initial reading on the TwinMax was 1 at max sensitivity. Worse at higher revs or accellerating. Afterwards it zero everywhere. I don't know how that would correlate to in. Hg.

The bike has had a coarseness while on the power lately. I hope this cures it. Otherwise I'll have to look at the clutch or something mechanical.

All in all it was much easier than I thought it was going to be. At least this stuff didn't have to be done blind.
At the risk of showing my ignorance :oops: what's a TwinMax?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts