StromTrooper banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Confirmed my settings are correct (I had subscriptions set to "daily").. have not received a single notification since I joined this forum. Checked SPAM folder too... nothing.
I changed notification email to "immediate".. let's see if any come through.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Definition of irony: I just got the first ever email notification from this forum.. and it was on the post about not receiving email notifications! lol

·
Administrator
1,141 Posts
I have seen reports with issues on "charter.net" emails.
Assumably they have blocked our end of distributing emails to their users.
If you have another email we can test, please PM us and we'll get this sorted

Ed

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
I have seen reports with issues on "charter.net" emails.
Assumably they have blocked our end of distributing emails to their users.
If you have another email we can test, please PM us and we'll get this sorted

Ed
PM sent.

Thanks.
PM sent a week ago. I've heard nothing and still no email notifications.

·
Administrator
1,141 Posts
Some email providers choose to block certain automated emails completely or send them to spam.

Have you already contacted your email provider to ask if you can whitelist the forum emails?

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
Some email providers choose to block certain automated emails completely or send them to spam.

Have you already contacted your email provider to ask if you can whitelist the forum emails?
Yes, it appears you have been blacklisted by Spectrum (old Charter) for some reason. I am surprised you are not having a bigger problem with this with the number of forums you have. I can't believe I am the only Spectrum forum member. Also, the notifications were working fine until about the time you switched to "https" or mid-June.

I have not contacted my provider (Spectrum), as you requested a PM which I sent but received no response. I have since created another email address outside of Spectrum and changed my Stromtrooper account to it. The email notifications are now appearing on the new email account.

I will contact Spectrum and see what can be done. However, I am not sure about changing my email address back to my regular address as changing your email address requires a re-registration and following a link sent to the new email address. If it doesn't work, i.e., I don't receive the email notification, my account on Stromtroopers may be blocked or locked out.

·
Administrator
1,141 Posts
Yes, it appears you have been blacklisted by Spectrum (old Charter) for some reason. I am surprised you are not having a bigger problem with this with the number of forums you have. I can't believe I am the only Spectrum forum member. Also, the notifications were working fine until about the time you switched to "https" or mid-June.

I have not contacted my provider (Spectrum), as you requested a PM which I sent but received no response. I have since created another email address outside of Spectrum and changed my Stromtrooper account to it. The email notifications are now appearing on the new email account.

I will contact Spectrum and see what can be done. However, I am not sure about changing my email address back to my regular address as changing your email address requires a re-registration and following a link sent to the new email address. If it doesn't work, i.e., I don't receive the email notification, my account on Stromtroopers may be blocked or locked out.
I do have Spectrum, however, I use a Gmail address for forums.

If you need help changing your email address in your account, please let us know.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
eagleeye;

Go to the thread you want to "follow" or "unfollow". Scroll to the top of the page (not necessarily the beginning of the thread). On the upper right hand side there should be a blue button/box. If you are "following" (subscribed), it will say "unfollow". Click and it should remove it from your followed/subscribed list. If you are not following (not subscribed), it will say "follow". Click and then you can select whether to receive an email notification or not. Click again and it should add it to your followed/subscribed list. I hope. :)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts