StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just lately, I don't seem to be receiving email notifications of new posts in any of my subscribed threads.

Anyone else having this issue?

I've tried deleting the subscription and re-subscribing...no joy.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I'm in the same boat, no notifications for subscribed threads. Been a while now.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Been quite some time for me too. I occasionally will get some random notifications sporadically. Don't seem to be going to the spam folder.

·
Registered
11,531 Posts
Me too. At first they were sporadic and now nothing. I don't believe they are being sent from the IP traces I ran. Nothing has changed (Settings or User CP) and Spam filters aren't stopping them. They probably stopped sometime in the last few weeks.

·
Administrator
5,574 Posts
I sent the issue to Admin yesterday. Recent software mods are surely the reason and I am hoping they rectify it soon.

·
Administrator
16,985 Posts
The VS Admins have been no where to be found lately, as an admin who volunteers here it is making us look bad when I and other mods need help with certain issues. The site has been quite buggy as of late, no idea what is going on.........

·
Registered
822 Posts
The VS Admins have been no where to be found lately, as an admin who volunteers here it is making us look bad when I and other mods need help with certain issues. The site has been quite buggy as of late, no idea what is going on.........

Thanks for putting in your volunteer time, and working to keep things running.

Hopefully, the VS Admins will step up soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I second what kd70qc said...I appreciate the volunteer mods and admins on here. It's gotta be frustrating, fielding complaints from members about malfunctions on the forum, and being left out to dry by the people who actually own (and profit from) the site.

VerticalScope owns a few hundred of these forums, and they all look the same, which probably means that these weird buggy problems exist across multiple sites.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I second what kd70qc said...I appreciate the volunteer mods on here. It's gotta be frustrating, fielding complaints from members about malfunctions on the forum, and being left out to dry by the people who actually own (and profit from) the site.
VerticalScope owns a few hundred of these forums, and they all look the same, which probably means that these weird buggy problems exist across multiple sites.
Couldn't agree more RC

·
Administrator
1,275 Posts
Hi folks. I explained it in another thread already, but for some reason, unbeknownst to me, the system we use to pull all of the messages from all of our sites was not pulling messages from Strom, so that's why we've been absent - we weren't receiving your messages! Apologies for the delay and inconvenience.

With regards to some of the issues that are being reported, they are quite likely due to the fact that the site has just recently move to Google Cloud. Typically when changing servers, it uncovers a bunch of bugs and glitches that will need to be addressed. Some of the glitches that have been mentioned in this and some of the other threads I've been reading sound like other glitches I've heard from other sites that have recently migrated to GCP. I will be sure to let our migration team know that Strom has a bunch of quirks going on right now so that they can investigate further.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

Erik

·
Administrator
5,574 Posts
I will be sure to let our migration team know that Strom has a bunch of quirks going on right now so that they can investigate further.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

Erik
Hi Erik,

Can you please check that the Emergency Contact Info Sticky is correct?

·
Administrator
1,275 Posts
Email notifications system was looked at so it should be good now. Are they coming in correctly now?

As for the thread issues, I'm running the tool again just to make sure it took. Give it an hour and check the page list again, you should be able to get to the last page now on any thread.

As for the Emergency Contact email in the mod section, the first one is correct. I updated it to include another one. We can discuss in mod area.

- JB

1 - 20 of 38 Posts