StromTrooper banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm cruising home from work today and look down, and SURE ENOUGH, the black bars on the left side of the instrument panel center section aren't lit up, except for the bottom two. I can get them to all stay lit only for a short time, and then gradually the top bar will drop off, then the one after that, then the one after that, until about 250 miles later only the very bottom one or two will be black.

To fix it I have to pull into a gas station EVERY TIME and put a nozzle of gas into the big thing in front of the seat, While it doesn't cost much to fix this each time, it's aggravating that it keeps happening like clockwork just when the riding starts getting even more fun.

This is the 85th time it's happened in only about 19,000 miles. Getting a little sick of this constant need for upkeep.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I found that if I don't put that little jagged piece of metal that came with the bike, into the slot in front of the handlebars, that doesn't happen any more and the bike is much quieter.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I've found as long as I don't unhook the nozzle and keep it flowing at a low rate I can keep all the bars lit. Sure my range is limited, but that's the only fix I have. Luckily the gas station is 24 hours in case I need to use the restroom.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not something I'd want for my only bike but in some ways it would be ideal for my daily commute. Work to home for me is 8 miles one way, all of it being on urban streets with a max speed limit of 30mph and roughly 40-45 traffic signals of some type(stop signs/traffic lights). Throw in lots of stop and go traffic, a couple of sets of trolley tracks, and some piss poor road conditions.

Take a look at the Zero Street, it's lightweight(300lbs), tall(32.8 or 30.8 inch seat height), has an nice adjustable suspension, belt drive, decent sized wheels(17inch), disc brakes, and non shifting direct drive with a boatload of torque. Put all of those things together and you have an pretty decent urban commuter. Mount a set of small hard bags like Givi 21s or a small trunk and I'd be pretty happy buzzing back and forth on it.

At 10 grand I don't see myself(or many other people) buying one, but I do like the concept. I have no idea where electric bike technology is heading but this seems to be a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
62 Posts
This condition is easily fixed. More than likely your wiring harness is firmly connected. Reach in behind the left fairing, find the wire harness and loosen it. Your bars will stay constantly lit, and just to reward you, the bike will also send you a CHEC.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
why not be brave and just keep riding until all the little bars disappear? It could be just some electonic gadgety thing that won't affect anything important.

Let me know how you get on and I might try it myself sometime....

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone...I feel better knowing it's a common problem.

I'll definitely try out some of the suggestions and report back on the results!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
228 Posts
This condition is easily fixed. More than likely your wiring harness is firmly connected. Reach in behind the left fairing, find the wire harness and loosen it. Your bars will stay constantly lit, and just to reward you, the bike will also send you a CHEC.
:green_lol:hahahahahaha!!!:green_lol:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
My mama always told me:
Stupid is as stupid does!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Here's to hoping Suzuki did nothing to address this common problem in the new Wee!! Of all my riding buddies, I have to stop the least (except when the guy with a GS1200 Adventure tanker truck comes out, which is not often). :green_lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts