StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I imagine that most of us have done something to our rides that make us feel a little less intelligent. Well I have just done another and must now suffer the the agony of fixing my stupidity. Yesterday I was adding a bit of fuel additive to my tractor and power washer. Being as I was by my Glee decided to add a bit to its fuel. I removed the cap from the additive placing the cap and that little flat inter washer/seal ( you know, the one that keeps the bottle from leaking when placed on its side ) in my left hand as I lift the fuel tank cover with my right. Now with the tank lid open a start pouring a measured amount into the fuel tank. As I'm pouring the fuel tank lid begins to close. So in all my wisdom I reach with my left hand to grab it. Sooo now you have the picture. That little white plastics coated paper washer flys right into my fuel tank.
OMG..... What now.

I now have the tank off and emptied except for about 1/2 Gallon I haven't gotten out. But NO small plastic costed paper came out. I think I'm in a bit of a mess here. Is there a way into the take without tearing it up? Any other constructive suggestion on how to retrieve from the tank ? I'm pretty much at a loss on what to do next? Maybe let the remaining fuel evaporate and see if I can shake it out then. I would sure hate to have to purchase a new tank. :-((

ATGATT.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
It can stay in there and probably do no harm. There is a screen at the fuel pickup at the base of the fuel pump. Then there is a fine fuel filter at the high pressure end. If you really want to go get it, do that by using the big access hole and take the fuel pump out. I'd get a new fuel pump gasket ahead of time. You are not the first person to report doing that here, or the second, or the third, etc..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It can stay in there and probably do no harm. There is a screen at the fuel pickup at the base of the fuel pump. Then there is a fine fuel filter at the high pressure end. If you really want to go get it, do that by using the big access hole and take the fuel pump out. I'd get a new fuel pump gasket ahead of time. You are not the first person to report doing that here, or the second, or the third, etc..
Thanks for the response. I guess I'm just worried I'll be out on a trip and find my fuel line or pump blocked? I don't really care if it stays if it's not going to screw things up. I wish I was sure what the actually material is. Think I'll go purchase another container and check it out.:headbang:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
. I'd get a new fuel pump gasket ahead of time. c..
I just checked Bike Bandit for that gasket and their layout doesn't show one. How insane is that. :furious:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Why not put some non flammable liquid in the tank, eg water to try and rinse / flush it out? And try it a couple of times. Then use some water removal fluid when you put petrol back in, being careful with any bits that might fall into the tank :green_lol:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I just checked Bike Bandit for that gasket and their layout doesn't show one. How insane is that. :furious:
It's an O-ring, Suzuki part number 15201-35F00. The Bikebandit part number is

The old one will probably work okay if you don't damage it when removing it.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Leave it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts