1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I'm sure that Harley doing the "study" has no bearing on the result. :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
At least they were willing to sponsor one. I don't see Suzuki doing anything like that, or for that matter Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha or anyone else.
Come to think of it what do any of those companies do for their buyers other than just take their money?

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
My wife was interested in a small moto, or a scooter to commute to work on. She's really not a very good car driver, and I was worried her wobbly driving skills would get her into hot water on a motorbike......I didn't have to try to hard to convince her, and amazingly agreed with me regarding that! PHEW!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My wife was interested in a small moto, or a scooter to commute to work on. She's really not a very good car driver, and I was worried her wobbly driving skills would get her into hot water on a motorbike......I didn't have to try to hard to convince her, and amazingly agreed with me regarding that! PHEW!
My wife is interested in a Piaggio MP3 or a Can-Am Spyder. She is also too wobbly for 2 wheels.

·
Administrator
17,003 Posts
For sure happiest when I am able to ride, the Winter here has sucked and I have been grumpy for far too long. :furious:

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
The study is bias and discriminatory, I find that most men are also happier when they ride. :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Build comparatively reliable, performant and enjoyable products? Damn Asians!
Yes, they build a product and sell it to you. What do they do for motorcycling?
Honda, should probably get something of a pass, they actually have made some efforts in this area, certainly more than the rest of the big four.
To be fair, with all makers, its a business and promotion is part of that business. I happen to think HD has done more in that area than the rest of the makers. Is it in their best interest? Of course. But at least they do something other than supply a product.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To be fair, with all makers, its a business and promotion is part of that business. I happen to think HD has done more in that area than the rest of the makers. Is it in their best interest? Of course. But at least they do something other than supply a product.
If you believe H-D advertisements, they do not sell motorcycles. They sell a life style. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
If you believe H-D advertisements, they do not sell motorcycles. They sell a life style. :mrgreen:
A lot of people interpret it that way but I'd like you to show me an advertisement where they say they don't sell motorcycles. You'll also notice every company that markets a cruiser does their best to emulate that advertising, generally not all that successfully. That's what the Japanese companies do best, is try to copy someone else's success.
I don't buy advertising I buy a bike I want.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Joe , don't get your nose out of joint about comments directed toward/about Harley. That my friend , is an uphill battle , esp. on a non-Harley forum. I've own 3 good KTMs , but on this forum , it's like Superman and Kryptonite. Can't bring 'em up without the too expensive/unreliable/etc...etc....etc.... comments. I see you own (or have owned) 3 , I know where you're coming from , but if you spent your days defending every off the wall comment about them , you're gonna lose good riding time.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Joe , don't get your nose out of joint about comments directed toward/about Harley. That my friend , is an uphill battle , esp. on a non-Harley forum. I've own 3 good KTMs , but on this forum , it's like Superman and Kryptonite. Can't bring 'em up without the too expensive/unreliable/etc...etc....etc.... comments. I see you own (or have owned) 3 , I know where you're coming from , but if you spent your days defending every off the wall comment about them , you're gonna lose good riding time.
My nose isn't out of joint at all. I simply said HD tried to do something positive for motorcycling and most of the other makers don't do much.
That happens to be my opinion and I don't really give a @@@@ who likes it or who doesn't.
I'm well aware that people on this forum think Suzuki's crap doesn't stink but I can tell you for a fact it does. I don't care who likes that or not either.
You will also notice that I never start a thread about HDs (or BMWS, or Triumphs for that matter) probably like you would never start a thread about KTMs. I know how they go and its not an HD forum anyway. I certainly don't mind throwing in a shot where warranted.
I pretty much detest brand bashing regardless what brand its directed towards. Really wouldn't matter if it was BMW or KTM or any number of other bikes. I actually think this forum is one of the worst in that way as there seems to be a large number of people who think a Strom is the center of the motorcycle universe. I can assure them its not, in any shape or form.
Wait till they get an anti LEO thread going and you'll get to see me post something much harsher.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
I'm not a Harley basher but the noisy, outlaw, rebel image that's associated with the brand has done the sport of motorcycling more harm than good. I'm not saying all Harley riders fit in that category.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Now I really wish I had said the study was sponsored by a motorcycle manufacturer, which was my point actually.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts