StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Wee quit charging. And I ran the battery out of power. It got down to 8.6 volts before it totally died.

I left Fort Collins yesterday afternoon for my home in Freeman MO (south of Kansas City). I took a ride of to Alaska and have been on the rode since June 15.

I am certainly glad I didn't go with my original plan of taking Hwy 34 east and some other highway down to the south near my home. I decided to take Hwy 50. Because of this I broke down in Colorado Springs rather than Yuma CO. I figure I am pretty lucky. I don't know if Yuma has a shop to work on it.

I have it at Rocky Mountain Cycle. They are suppose to look at it this morning. I kinda figure it is the stator. I don't know if they are any good, but it was the first one I could find that did Suzuki and I was trying to reach them before the bike quit. I didn't make it and they had to come and pick up the bike. It was only 1 hour before they closed.

I am going crazy sitting in the motel room. There wasn't a campground close that would let me set up my tent. I could rent an RV space, but the motel was only $5 more per night.

Is there anyone with some free time that want to show me around the Colorado Springs area? About all I can offer in return is to buy you a meal and talk about riding. This motel is hard on my budget of $60 a day. My number is (nine one 3) -208 - one 329. I know it is the middle of the week, so not the best timing

·
Registered
323 Posts
Sorry, I can't help you out, other side of country. I wish the best for you and hopefully someone in close proximity will respond

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Is there anyone sith some free time that want to show me around the Colorado Springs area? About all I can offer in return is to buy you a meal and talk about riding.
I'm sure there must be some lonely Air Force wives around there............

Good luck, hopefully it will be a quick, cheap repair.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
That's good news. Other people were reporting stators were on back order. They might have been for the 1000 though. The 2008 and up Wees have rotors that don't look to be prone to loose magnets tearing up stators.

DL1000

Late model DL650

·
Registered
96 Posts
Shoulda stayed in the fort, I could have offered tent space and tour guide services in exchange for some beers and food. And maybe you cleaning my Ural tank while I'm at work :).

·
Registered
205 Posts
Update: Stator is being overnighted and it should be repaired tomorrow.

I am catching a ride with Matt over on ADVrider (C Springs FF) to Manitous Springs to Home - Savelli's Pizza, Pasta and Subs Manitou Springs CO for food, drink and BS with other riders.
Not that we needed any, but here's even further proof, that even on the very rare occasion when a mechanical failure of some kind does occur on a Strom, the adventure just continues!

What a bike! :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts