StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, getting oon the bike today after sitting for a few weeks and now my rear brake pedal does not move.
Any thoughts on how to get it moving again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I would remove it and check that the rod will move up and down okay. Chances are it will but the rear master cylinder will need work if it doesn't. Cleaning and greasing the pedal pivot will probably free it up. Since it doesn't get greased often enough due to the work involved, I put a grease fitting on mine.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would remove it and check that the rod will move up and down okay. Chances are it will but the rear master cylinder will need work if it doesn't. Cleaning and greasing the pedal pivot will probably free it up. Since it doesn't get greased often enough due to the work involved, I put a grease fitting on mine.

Thanks. Seems to be the master. The rod is not moving up in it. Funny how things just break down when you don't ride it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
645 Posts
Is there a trick to unseating / re-seating the torsion spring for full disassembly? I took my lever off and tried to grease it in the small clearance under the snap ring, but it only worked for a day before going back to crap. I have been putting off doing it properly from how much a pain it was the first time.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
There isn't much of a trick. There is a hole in the footpeg bracket for one end of the spring and the other end goes over the pedal arm. There is some relief in the mating parts to hold onto a little grease but adding a zerk fitting is well worth the effort. It does need to be to one side a bit rather than centered to allow room for the spring. I think the 1000s with aluminum brackets may not have a hole and the spring end may rest on a casting flange.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
For lubricating things like this that call for grease and are difficult to get to, I like to use spray lithium grease. It is thinned with a solvent so it penetrates, but then the solvent evaporates leaving the thicker grease behind.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
When I had to replace the foot brake lever on my Wee2, I too installed a grease fitting (using greywolf's idea). Haven't used it since though.

The lever remove and replace process was very simple and quick though, as I recall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts