StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - I've been looking for something to replace my 86 Shadow, and I've been convinced for about a year that the 650 is the right bike for me.
I've never been a windshield user, so I wonder if there are any companies that made a little stubby body coloured finishing piece to put on after the shield comes off. Kind of like a Harley batwing with the 4" black shield. Is there anything like this or are you better off leaving it alone. I hate seeing the road thru an extra piece of plastic. -thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello aj I have a MP Cycle Design mini screen on my bike if there is one bad point about the V-Stroms it is there OEM screens talk about wind buffeting from them almost made me sell my bike but the mini screen made it a hell of a lot better, ok he is a few pics of my bike cheers.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pics - If it feels better and runs better, then it doesn't necessarily have to look better. -Al

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Another MP shield works well and looks good.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
chop chop

Take a look around the site, and you should be able to dig up some pics of chopped/blacked out OEM screens. Very similar look to Greywolf's ride, but at virtually ZERO $$$. Whistler and Monkeygrass are two members I know have done it, and there has to be at least a couple more.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Question for Greywolf

Another MP shield works well and looks good.

That's a sharp looking screen, is that an 11" screen? The MP website makes reference to a 11" and a 14" 'shorty' screen, so wanted to make sure before I plunk down the scratch for it.

thanks!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It is an 11" with full tint.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
And don't forget the Suzuki Euro Sport Screen...

Love that Euro screen. Mine is in the box waiting to be installed when the wee comes out of storage.

SS

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks for the response GW.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Euro Sport Screen

I rented a DL650X in the UK and was so happy with the Sport Screen that I bought one and took it home for my K7 Wee. I experienced zero buffeting and quiet air flow even at motorway speeds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts