StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Some sites have them and some don't. Some have suggested a list of those that are willing to help in emergencies.
There have been a few volunteers posting over the years. A search may have those pop up?
Then there is Moose Turd Pie...your idea, set it up and let us know it's ready! :fineprint: :wink2:

One of the guys offered a deal on his Hawaii house a while back. I think I saved that PM. Don't know when I'd ever get a chance to go back but it is a generous offer!

·
Premium Member
1,529 Posts
Some sites have them and some don't. Some have suggested a list of those that are willing to help in emergencies.
There have been a few volunteers posting over the years. A search may have those pop up?
Then there is Moose Turd Pie...your idea, set it up and let us know it's ready! :fineprint: :wink2:

One of the guys offered a deal on his Hawaii house a while back. I think I saved that PM. Don't know when I'd ever get a chance to go back but it is a generous offer!

Man, I haven't heard MooseTurd Pie in forty years! Thanks for remembering it for me! Sorry for the thread 'jack, but here it is.............

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=moose+turd+pie&t=ffab&ia=videos&iax=videos&iai=Q1ajLnuw2oo

·
Registered
375 Posts
Zeemaps

Hello all,

A quick search and I found something that I think will work - Zeemaps. Our specific map is:

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=3430520

If you go there, you will find me pinned at Burnaby, BC. I selected orange, as that's the colour of my Weestrom. The key is to select Additions -> Add Marker (detailed). On the main part of the marker, it was named with my Stromtroopers user name, and my city and province. When adding the marker, if you click Details you can add e-mail or phone, plus general text, so I included my phone, e-mail and my bike info.

Everyone should be able to add their own pin, so feel free to propogate the map! If you are among the first one or two, let me know by posting back here so I can see that it worked - and check that you can see me on the lower left coast of Canada!

·
Registered
88 Posts
This can be done through Google Maps also. I believe that ADV Rider does theirs this way. I have done maps for other forums using Google, it does require an admin or 2 to input the data. This keeps the formatting the same throughout to map and data.

Sent from my tricorder

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Every new member reveals his city, country. Why could not it be mapped? let's say you're doing a trip to Canada. You need help, advice, a good word from a local.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Every new member reveals his city, country. Why could not it be mapped? let's say you're doing a trip to Canada. You need help, advice, a good word from a local.
For one, privacy laws in various countries. Yes, it could be covered in the EULA that everyone reads so very carefully (RIGHT?), but the reality is that it would have to be opt-in and not opt-out.

Which leaves us where we are.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hello all,

A quick search and I found something that I think will work - Zeemaps. Our specific map is:

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=3430520

If you go there, you will find me pinned at Burnaby, BC. I selected orange, as that's the colour of my Weestrom. The key is to select Additions -> Add Marker (detailed). On the main part of the marker, it was named with my Stromtroopers user name, and my city and province. When adding the marker, if you click Details you can add e-mail or phone, plus general text, so I included my phone, e-mail and my bike info.

Everyone should be able to add their own pin, so feel free to propogate the map! If you are among the first one or two, let me know by posting back here so I can see that it worked - and check that you can see me on the lower left coast of Canada!
Added mine in Lakeland, Florida

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's a fun idea - but as Tom said something that likely will gain some mild traction and then taper most likely. Added myself in Detroit metro :shrug:

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts