StromTrooper banner
1,321 - 1,340 of 1,340 Posts
This is so strange. A friend of mine lives in some apartments. I have spotted a White 650 just like mine there parked in the same spot still with dealer tags on it. It has been there for months. I am like, is this thing stolen?

2012 Fox Orange 650 cruising the Victor/Driggs, Idaho roads. Rider very well dressed in hi-viz gear! Looks a lot like me, except my '12 650 is black. I was sitting with a late morning coffee at The Victor Market outdoor tables and he drove by on 33 traveling east. Lookin' good! :)
Ride safe!
gary

2012 Fox Orange 650 cruising the Victor/Driggs, Idaho roads. Rider very well dressed in hi-viz gear! Looks a lot like me, except my '12 650 is black. I was sitting with a late morning coffee at The Victor Market outdoor tables and he drove by on 33 traveling east. Lookin' good! :)
Ride safe!
gary
Correction..... not east......south! :)
g

Heh, I tried mounting my sidecase to your bike once. I had a wtf face when I saw there was no rack. :)
Ha, this made me laugh.

Even after talking to a few fellow riders when I have a chance to meet them at a location not many become riding friends. Either their schedule is full of conflicts of mine has the same issues. Most of the fellow riders I've met have been nice folks and we've had a chance to camp or ride together occasionally. The Cache rally group is one. A couple have come by the home for a night stay on their way to further places.
It's always worth the effort for a conversation.

WHY no more posts? Am I the only one that rides a Strom ?
Is this only for the Northwest? What about other parts of the USA? World?
For what it's worth, yes, this thread is in the Northwest section of the site. I've posted a couple of sightings in the "Hey look! There is a V-Strom" thread, but never got any replies there, either. 🙃 If I had seen/known about this one, I probably would've put my postings here. I don't have a lot of time to ride, either, unfortunately. Sorry...

Made this reply to another post, but no response. Guess he was only looking for old friends...

Where are you? I'm in Monmouth. Have never riden with this group, and I am currently without any riding buddies locally. I have been riding since 2007ish, starting on sport bikes with quite a bit of track time and coaching and still have one go fast bike (FZ-09), but I love my V-Strom 1000 (2nd gen) for touring. What do you ride now? I'm 59 yrs...

PM me anyone that rides in western Oregon...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Two weeks ago (Oct. 17), saw a black 650, 2004-2011, with black crash bars and a bare aluminum skid plate turn from Main St. onto Depot Ave./Seven Mile Lane in Brownsville, OR. Anyone here? I was walking towards downtown and gave you a thumbs-up from the sidewalk. 🙂 I know this was a while ago, but I figured I'd cross-post it here, since I got no response in the other "Hey Look!..." thread...

1,321 - 1,340 of 1,340 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.