StromTrooper banner
1,281 - 1,300 of 1,340 Posts
Northbound on Terwilliger Blvd in Portland, on a fairly quiet Wednesday morning (this morning!). It was me, you and a red SV in the back, stopped at light at Taylors Ferry Rd. You were on a blue 1st gen Vstrom. Might be 1000, I'm not sure. You had bars, skidplate, handguards, luggage, etc. I was on an orange Glee. We talked briefly about skid plates and handguards. Your skid plate survived the forest on a ride with some GSs. I told you I was Utah bound next summer. You got on the freeway, I stayed on Terwilliger. I waved.

Wow, not too many sightings in the NW for a while. Let's change that. You were on a 650 on Barbur Blvd this morning around 7:10. I pulled on from a side street and ended up slightly behind you for a short distance before peeling off to get on the freeway.

I will attempt to keep this going.

Wife and I were walking down the E 11th Street past the Manette Saloon in Bremerton WA enjoying the nice evening when I spotted you around 730 on Friday night... You were a silver 650 with a small net over your tail, you passed us heading up the hill when you made a quick U turn and then another hard turn into a parking space next to the bar. I wanted to turn back and make conversation but we were already down near the bridge and late to meet friends.

Saw 2 Stroms, One with aux lighting on HWY 224. riding with a 3rd dual sport at 10 min after 4 today.

You 3 were just entering Estacada from upriver when I passed you in my cage.

Discussion starter · #1,291 ·
Hey Sharkey! I drive that route to and from work daily. I must be you on the yellow strom I see from time to time. Good to see one of the old crew still around. :)

Discussion starter · #1,292 ·
Also, glad to see this thread I started still going after all this time.

Saw 2 Stroms, One with aux lighting on HWY 224. riding with a 3rd dual sport at 10 min after 4 today.

You 3 were just entering Estacada from upriver when I passed you in my cage.
Hey RR that was me (with the aux lights), my uncle (the other strom), and my uncles friend/coworker on the 1987 XT600... We were on our way home from Sacramento after going down last week for the Sacramento Mile flat track nationals...I was wondering if you'd see us out there so I came to this thread to check.

1,530 miles in 4 days of riding...great time and weather the whole way :thumbup:

That's Awesome!

It just happened that I left work a bit early since I have been having my ass handed to me by some bug or another.

Glad to hear you had an awesome trip.

For a few sightings farther north I see a white strom on W marginal on my morning drive and I spotted another (possibly the same) white strom on headed up 410 towards Mt. Rainier. Fantastic day for a ride!

I just got a 2013 NOS 650 a few months ago and have been wondering where all of the Stroms are around Seattle. Well, apparently they all went out to Joseph, OR, this last weekend, because I saw at least a dozen out there. Had a great conversation with one rider who gave us a route for our next big trip.

Friday around 730 AM, I saw a silver strom just outside of Portland on HWY 30 in Linnton, headed west. I was headed east on my way to work. I've crossed paths with the same bike a few times on my way into work

1,281 - 1,300 of 1,340 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.