StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great get-together!!! Good company, good rides, good bikes, good eats - it really doesn't get much better than this, folks. Brendon & Jennifer are gracious hosts, they have a great place(!) & Brendon puts on a good ride. (I think I need another superlative here...) The weather couldn't have been better, but he seemed to have alot of Coyotes around his place. At one point, I think my tent was surrounded! Those Coyotes may have been the ahhh... drunk two-legged kind, though... The hot tub was the perfect place to melt away knotted muscles after the long trip there. It was fun to see what others had done to their bikes and get a few ideas for mine.

Stromtroopers RULE!!!

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
+1 on what Mike said. I think everyone there had an absolute blast. I know I did. :D Brendan and Jennifer are two of the nicest people you could ever meet. How she put up with us all weekend I haven't quite figured out yet. The roads out in Indiana are great, and the weather turned out to be perfect. All the guys that showed up were great to ride with. Luckily we only had two incidents and they were the non moving type. Will add more later.

Bob

·
Administrator
17,529 Posts
Wasn't it a BLAST!!!!!!!! 8) I couldn't agree more with what you guys both said, everyone who didn't come really missed a great time. Brendan and Jennifer are gracious hosts for allowing us to live with them for 2 to 3 days. What a beautiful part of the state, and what a sweet set up they have.....I felt like a little kid again. It was so awesome to finally put a face/personality with guys that I have been chatting with. We all got along so well, it was almost as if we had known eachother for years.

And.........why did I ride Brendans 650!!!!!!!! :? I think that I might have been converted.....MAYBE? :wink: Yes the 650 is THAT GOOD!

But the big dog did pretty well offroad, I was kinda surprised.

AND YES.........I had a non moving fatality!!!! :lol: Side stand folded in the garage, and down she went "very slowly"....I almost stopped it! Man that 1000 is HEAVY! :shock: 1 broken clutch lever, 1 broken left handguard.....NO broke turnsignal, "flush mounts". It had to happen sometime, now I can get the Acerbis hand guards and the Pat Walsh guard/skid plate.

THANKS AGAIN BRENDAN

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
The ride was absolutely incredible. So many turns and so little time! The Kearn's were such gracious hosts and made anyone feel so welcome. The 'BIG TUNNEL' was just that. And the trussle was something to behold and then the train showed up just as Bredan had planned. The misses and I felt right at home although a few more couples would have been nice. The Strom is more than capable of being ridden at a good pace with two people onboard. I didn't get left behind but alot of that is do to Bredan's consideration and concern for his fellow riders. 1st class all the way around! Thanks so much for a great experience and we will be back for the next one. THX.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
qixilver said:
...The Strom is more than capable of being ridden at a good pace with two people onboard...
I'll say. I was amazed how you tossed that thing around. I spent most of both days trying to keep up with you.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Just to reiterate what others have said, the get together was phenomenal. It was great to meet Brendan and give thanks for creating a wonderful place for all to share our love for the Strom.

A huge, heart-felt thank you to Brendan and his lovely wife for hosting this and putting up with us guys as we digressed around the campfire. The food and drinks were delicious and Jennifer never quite smiling until the last one of us left - what a trooper!

It was great to meet and share experiences with everyone.

Looking forward to meeting more people in the summer at the Strom rally in TN.

Cheers.

Tige

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I'm Glad that it was a sucess, and I too Thank you Brendan for extending the invitation :D
Regretably I had to pass on this get together :(
But I would revell in seeing the photo's of the rides :D
I will make sure that I attend the tenn. rally . :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
VtSTROM-K5 said:
I'm Glad that it was a sucess, and I too Thank you Brendan for extending the invitation :D
Might have been good that you missed it VSK5. Sounds like Big B may have been the only litre bike there, and they got to him man, they got to him!

·
Administrator
17,529 Posts
WeThereYet said:
VtSTROM-K5 said:
Might have been good that you missed it VSK5. Sounds like Big B may have been the only litre bike there, and they got to him man, they got to him!
Believe it or not....there was actually "4" 1000 Stroms there. Pretty good turnout for the big dog IMHO. We hung very well with the Wee's both in the twisties and offroad. Those 650's sure are flickable though!!!! :lol: Nobody seemed to mind my Leo Vince exhausts, I actually got allot of nice comments. I got 49 mpg on the way home, at an indicated 80 to 85 mph. Not bad huh???

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
That is pretty damm good mileage if you ask me 8) So you enjoyed the 650 eh :shock: :p

Big B said:
Believe it or not....there was actually "4" 1000 Stroms there. Pretty good turnout for the big dog IMHO. We hung very well with the Wee's both in the twisties and offroad. Those 650's sure are flickable though!!!! :lol: Nobody seemed to mind my Leo Vince exhausts, I actually got allot of nice comments. I got 49 mpg on the way home, at an indicated 80 to 85 mph. Not bad huh???

·
Administrator
17,529 Posts
Night_Wolf said:
That is pretty damm good mileage if you ask me 8) So you enjoyed the 650 eh :shock: :p

Big B said:
Yup...I am pretty happy with that mileage! My bike is actually running a tad bit lean, it popped and surged a bit. Nothing too bad, I can live with it for now.

Yes.....I really liked the 650, it is a sweet machine. There were allot of nicely equipped 650's and 1000's at the rally. Seems that we all have too many farkle options for our bikes. :lol:

·
StromTrooper.com Founder
11,285 Posts
Thanks all for the kind words. We truely enjoy hosting everyone, it is just what I needed. The riding was great, but hanging out with everyone made it. We have an incredible group of people here I could go on and on, but.......

Photos are uploaded here:
Saturday-All unedited: http://howboucha.smugmug.com/gallery/1985598/1

Sunday-Most unedited, not happy with how they came out though:
http://howboucha.smugmug.com/gallery/1985662

More coming soon. Still trying to get caught up.

My dumb error:

From my post in the photo section:

My camera gear bag fully loaded weighs about 20lbs. During the Sunday ride of our rally, I raced ahead of the group looking for a prime place to get some good shots. Well the group behind me was racing too and I hurridly stopped along a tight shoulder with steep drop off (problem 1), got off the bike quickly (prob 2), opened up my side case which is on the road side (prob 3) and as soon as I pulled out my D200 with 70-200 lens, over the bike went, all other gear flying out into the grass.

Evidently the weight of the camera was just enough to keep the bike from tipping over. I kept on shooting until everyone passed (and stopped to help). Hell of a way to start of a great ride.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Ummm Brendan? , :?
Not to put too fine a point on it, but the ballance problem would have been negated with 2 exhaust pipes IMHO :p :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
K_5..........That was just a little cruel, but funny none the less. No damages on the bike I hope.

·
StromTrooper.com Founder
11,285 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
What an awesome day Sunday was! Great riding with cool people, it doesn't get any better.
ps- I never did get my computer working, I had to get a new one :?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I haven't been on in a while (work sucks), but I wanted ALL of you to know that I hate missing the rally. It sounds like it was great! My wife and I had a planned getaway weekend the same weekend of the rally...but I WILL be there if Brendan is brave enough to have another one next year!

BTW, here is what my bike currently looks like (sick)...mid valve adjustment:
http://thejonesnetwork.net/pictures/valve adjustment/

Edit: mad props go to the ST bike, the most fantastic TA that was there. And I really liked the 650 with the Zega's...come to find out, that bike is Brendan's :)

·
StromTrooper.com Founder
11,285 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts