StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks ago I sent the following message to Stromtrooper.com. I have not received any response. I wold appreciate it if someone could look into this and get back to me.

"Stromtrooper.com Subscription Overpayments

Jack Barnhill <ja****[email protected]>
Jul 7
to payments
Apparently last year when I went to renew my subscription to Stromtrooper.com I accidently set up a second subscription account so I ended up paying for the original subscription through the automated renewal process and also for the newly set-up subscription.

I thought the double payment was an anomaly and forgot about it but I have been charged for both subscriptions again this year. I would like to get the accidental subscription canceled and the two overpayment credited to my original subscription extending it to 2021.

Original subscription #S-396742728H259523
2017 Payment Transaction ID #53016580BT208122F FOR $20.00
2018 Payment Transaction ID #6KR82564S74651402 FOR $20.00

Accidental subscription #S-3Y1581314F564330X
2017 Payment Transaction ID #5PU13770YM5152118 FOR $20.00
2018 Payment Transaction ID #0D6347806N576983E FOR $20.00

Thank you in advance for your assistance."

·
Super Moderator
4,497 Posts
Hi Jack,

I have copied your post directly to the Mods/VerticalScope helpdesk. Hopefully you will receive a prompt reply.

The reason for this double payment is that when you become a premium member using PayPal there is a little ticked box in your subs payment entitled "recurring payment."
This means that you can ignore all reminders as unless you unticked that box your payment will occur automatically. I would suggest that you log on to your PayPal account and look in your details for "recurring payments" and untick that box. That is what I have done.

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
Hey Jack,

I've credited your account for the two payments. As Brockie said, you'll have you cancel the recurring charge on your end through your Paypal account.

Niall

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Niall & Brockie. I did cancel the accidental subscription as suggested. Since the original subscription is credited to 2021, can I assume that there will not be any recurring charges until 2022? Is that correct?

Thanks again,

·
Super Moderator
4,497 Posts
That is correct. You will only receive notice of an about to expire subscription.
If you have deleted the PayPal auto renewal you will then need to arrange payment - but please double check that auto payment first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts