StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last year one of RoadRunner magazine's writers asked me about tagging along with him to do a photo shoot on a 4 day low mileage camping trip. His idea for the article was going to be a lightweight camping trip with just the essentials carried on a Ninja 300 loaner bike. The Ninja never materialized so he ended up doing the trip on his 2005 Strom, and I tagged along on my wife's 2007 Strom to take photos.

This is the first time I have had photos published and I'm pretty tickled. I am strictly a very very very amateur photographer and my camera equipment is extremely low tech and inexpensive - an old Nikon D40 SLR. I also - sadly - don't know how to edit photos with computer software so I have to pretty much do all the composition of the shot with the camera before I take the picture.

If you are a subscriber, the article is in the current (May-June 14) issue. I actually haven't seen the article or photos yet because I am not a subscriber.

You have to log in as a subscriber to read the whole thing but here's a preview of the article on their website that anyone can read:

http://www.roadrunner.travel/magazine/read/may-june-2014/page/70/

I submitted maybe a hundred photos with the article, but the ones I would have chosen I uploaded to a Smugmug gallery:

http://meefzah.smugmug.com/Other/RoadRunner-February-2014/29795269_NSrMSr#!i=2553589698&k=NWQQs9S

·
Registered
29 Posts
Very nice!!!

Your pics make me want to make the trip down there. Looks like a great ride.
Congrats on the photos being published!

You're a pro now!!

·
1,323 Posts
I'm not a subscriber (yet - I do enjoy the mag) but I need to run by Iron Pony this week and will see if they have the recent issue in the checkout line.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you're published or paid, it means you're a pro!

Last year I was on a trip with my Strom and at a gas/food stop I was asked if I was 'somebody' (can't remember the name) with RoadRunner magazine. I said no, they said, oh, you kind of look like him and he has a Strom. The guy that asked had a Strom too, and we chatted a bit about them. Small world.

·
Registered
817 Posts
:thumbup: nice!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Good job. :hurray:

Southern Ohio is pretty sweet - I never miss an opportunity to go up and poke around whether I'm with the spouse in the Miata or solo on the V-Strom. There's also plenty of dirt and gravel in the eastern part if you like off-pavement excursions and know where to look, but don't tell anyone... it's a secret.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Holy cow, I don't know about the article but that picture gallery is CHOICE! Great work!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice pics. I liked the sentence in the article preview that said something like "judging a camping trip by miles ridden is kind of like judging a fine meal by the calories consumed". There's a tendency to think "more is better" in lots of pastimes, including motorcycling. But that's not always the case in my book--at some point, what started as fun becomes work. Other than bragging rights, does anyone enjoy the last 100 miles of a 1,000 mile day as much as the first 100? (I'll never know.)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts