StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5/4/14 Going from Montrose, CO to Flagstaff, AZ.

I saw two V-Stroms in Montrose. One had all black luggage top & sides, the other was a newer Strom in white.

Saw another between Montrose and Ridgway.

Another between Rico and Cortez.

Then another between Cortez and Shiprock. :jawdrop:

Who are all you??????

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
I wish one was mine. I love that area but my body no longer enjoys getting me there.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've honestly considered starting a motorcycle rental shop out of Montrose, and carrying only V-Stroms.

Maybe one of these days I'll pull the trigger on it. :thumbup:
That would be a good place for a motorcycle rental. But if it was me I would offer a larger selection then just v strom. Maybe some harleys, crouch rockets or even some can am spyders (if you want to consider those motorcycles). Maybe a few scooters. I bet you could make some good money if you do tour rides.
I still want to know who those 2 riders where that tried going over Vail pass when it was snowing, high winds with blowing snow and icy roads and want to know what they where thinking. They only made it to the top then had to go the rest of the way an an ambulance

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be a good place for a motorcycle rental. But if it was me I would offer a larger selection then just v strom. Maybe some harleys, crouch rockets or even some can am spyders (if you want to consider those motorcycles). Maybe a few scooters. I bet you could make some good money if you do tour rides.
I still want to know who those 2 riders where that tried going over Vail pass when it was snowing, high winds with blowing snow and icy roads and want to know what they where thinking. They only made it to the top then had to go the rest of the way an an ambulance
I'd like to do primarily V-Stroms, maybe BMWs. Funds would limit me from getting any Harleys or Spyders. Plus I'm familiar with the V-Strom, they're super reliable, and typically attract the type of people I wouldn't mind dealing with. I don't think I'd ever rent the rockets, I can see the news headline already from that "inexperienced rider on rental bike flys off cliff near Silverton". :jawdrop:

:thumbup:

·
Registered
269 Posts
My blue L3 650 will be out there in late Sept after a week in Yellowstone. I went through Montrose last year taking 550 to visit a friend in Durango. Looking to spent more time in colorado this year....

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My blue L3 650 will be out there in late Sept after a week in Yellowstone. I went through Montrose last year taking 550 to visit a friend in Durango. Looking to spent more time in colorado this year....
If you feel like hanging out in Montrose for a few days let me know. :thumbup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was thru there Saturday. Junction to montrose to ridgeway, dallas divide on to bedrock,paradox, la sal, moab,river road on home. love that russell seat.:thumbup:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thru there Saturday. Junction to montrose to ridgeway, dallas divide on to bedrock,paradox, la sal, moab,river road on home. love that russell seat.:thumbup:
What bike are you riding? Color and all? The road up the Colorado river out of Moab is a blast! Next time your in Montrose let me know!

·
Registered
50 Posts
That may have been me you saw in Montrose on black Strom with black luggage! I was coming back from a fly and ride over the weekend from Tucson, AZ. Made it to Durango on Sat. and did Durango > Denver on Sunday (5/4). What an awesome ride it was! So thankful for the sunshine I had over the weekend as it has been snowing in Denver the last few days! :headbang: Of course I can blame my new (to me) bike for the snow, I'm sure. I saw a couple of Stroms too when I was passing through Montrose.

·
38,047 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That may have been me you saw in Montrose on black Strom with black luggage! I was coming back from a fly and ride over the weekend from Tucson, AZ. Made it to Durango on Sat. and did Durango > Denver on Sunday (5/4). What an awesome ride it was! So thankful for the sunshine I had over the weekend as it has been snowing in Denver the last few days! :headbang: Of course I can blame my new (to me) bike for the snow, I'm sure. I saw a couple of Stroms too when I was passing through Montrose.
Next time you go through Montrose stop by and say hello. Are you going to the Western V-Strom gathering in Silverton?:thumbup:

·
38,047 Posts
They've actually upgraded (maybe downgraded?) to a Kawasaki. I think it was a Concours.
Thst won't do for the jeep trails. Maybe they have both.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Next time you go through Montrose stop by and say hello.
-Will do. Thanks!

Are you going to the Western V-Strom gathering in Silverton?

-Sounds amazing but already have tentative plans that weekend as I am a new strom owner. If they wash out I'm there :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Bmash,

Unless there were 2 buy and rides from Tucson to Denver recently, I think I have your matching clutch lever :)

I heard the former owner traveled with you up to Show Low on his new toy. Hope it was a great ride for you guys.

Let me know when you'd like to meet up and grab that clutch lever.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts