StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading out to Port Dover this Friday with a buddy from work. Are any Strommers from the wider community going?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Nope

Went there by mistake once. Too many zoo animals on the loose.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Still thinking about it, just for the excuse to go for a ride.Cant say i really enjoyed BEING there last time though :confused:

·
Registered
495 Posts
went once in 2003. between the 1% scum and the "men with something to prove" i've decided my time is better spent on the bike instead of Port Dover.

·
Administrator
13,661 Posts
I went once and it was interesting to see all the bikes and people there, but it isn't my thing.

My Brother Gerhard was there as well, he would have been easy to see as he parked beside the Black Harley.

..Tom

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah, for a quick look around. I go every couple of years.

It'll be a good excuse to test out the grip heater and jacket controllers.

Glenn

·
Registered
816 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
My experience, as late as this is, is to go out Thursday Evening, camp over enjoy some fun Friday Morning, then get out of there.
Last time I went in the summer, as I left at 10:30 AM, I was driving past stopped motorcycles on the incoming lanes for the first 45 minutes :yikes:

then I stopped for a break where the end of the lineup was, within 5 minutes, a member from a group of "American Iron" layed his horse down in a panic stop and slid directly into the end of the line up of bikes.....

what a freak show.... sad I am in BC and missed it this year.... just a little..

·
Registered
193 Posts
So I got there about 12:30 and found a parking spot right downtown (!!). Wandered around for an hour or so, saw some interesting stuff - there was a guy on a Vincent riding it around just like it was a normal motorcycle.

Didn't see any Stroms until I was leaving and in traffic (therefore unable to stop and chat). An orange one with a top box and the owner just suiting up, and later a blue one with the rider in Hi-Viz just riding in. Anybody from here?

Glenn

·
Registered
280 Posts
Looks like lots of people with very little to do. I go to the winter bike shows but I'm not interested in any kind of rallies. I'm too private and not into the crowds....:thumbdown:

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
mob scene at the zoo

My wife and I went a few years ago on a super hot stinky July Friday 13th 2008. Certainly an interesting spectacle; but once was enough for us. Apparently it was the day they set a Guinness World Record, our bike was tagged 9425 and I think they hit over 14,000 bikes.
Counting riders, passengers and tourists and I believe 1,000 cops we did fill up the small hamlet of Port Dover.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I got there about 12:30 and found a parking spot right downtown (!!). Wandered around for an hour or so, saw some interesting stuff - there was a guy on a Vincent riding it around just like it was a normal motorcycle.

Didn't see any Stroms until I was leaving and in traffic (therefore unable to stop and chat). An orange one with a top box and the owner just suiting up, and later a blue one with the rider in Hi-Viz just riding in. Anybody from here?

Glenn
I was leaving just around that time. I was parked by an Orange V, near the beer store. Saw a few other V Stroms, but tons of Harleys!

Ray

1 - 16 of 16 Posts