StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from Stromette this afternoon. She is in the Fredricksburg, MD area and stopped at a park to get her Passport book stamped. She said she was inside for about 10 minutes or so and came out and her bike was laying on its side. No idea how it happened, kickstand folded, maybe, someone hit it, maybe, no telling, no way of knowing for sure. Regardless of how it happened, her right front turn signal lens is broken. Luckily it's just the lens and not the whole housing.

She is heading south back toward Knoxville / Lenoir City, TN via Virginia and asked me to post this request since she doesn't know if she'll have internet service or not.

Is there anyone along her route that can check and see if their local Suzuki shop has the right front turn signal lens, or would be willing to loan her theirs until a new one comes in? JUST THE LENS, NOT THE WHOLE ASSEMBLY. She has a spare lamp and the housing is only cracked. According to the local shop it's a $6 part and the DL650 shows the same part as the DL1000.

I can get one here and get it to her via her father who is heading that way this weekend. Worst case I told her I'd pull the one off my bike and send it. If the local shop doesn't have one they can get it in a couple of days most likely, so I'd only be without one on my bike for the weekend and I don't plan on going anywhere far this weekend.

If someone along her route has access to one it would save me having to pull mine off and meet up with her dad (the local bike shop doesn't have one in stock). If you've got access to the part leave a post here, drop me a PM, or give me a call at (615) 417-8898 (that's my cell phone). I know how to get in touch with her and can get her to give you a call.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Scott,

If she can come into DC she can take a lens off my bike, and I'll get another one whenever. PM'd you with the details.

Trevor

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think we have everything taken care of, but thanks for your offer. I answered your PM and provided a bit more detail.

Anyone interested in the details of what caused the fall can find them in her Ride Report for the day At This Link It's actually somewhat humorous ;)

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stromette was by here about 7pm to pick up the lens. We got it on her bike and talked for a few minutes and off she went towards Nashville. Scott take care of her. 8)
Do my best, Robert, but that's a full-time job :lol:

She called about 30 minutes after I talked to you from Cookeville and all was well. Told her to break out the rain gear because she was gonna need it. It's pretty much quit here but it's just west of Cookeville and headed east.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Crap, crap, crap.
She probably rode right past my house. I have one that I would have given her.

Wrong time not to check this forum.
Don't sweat it. We got it taken care of, and I guarantee she's grateful for your offer. To me, it's a good feeling to know that there are so many people around who have never met face to face but are willing to help each other out simply because we all own the same kind of motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Saturday Update ...

All damage is taken care of as best as possible. SmkyMtnVStrom provided her with his spare turn light lens yesterday evening. She came by here today and pulled the air filter (yes, SHE pulled the air filter. Don't let her get away with that non-mechanically-inclined crap any more because I know better!). Luckily she had a K&N air filter on the bike, so we mopped a few ounces (literally!) of oil out of the air box, flushed out and recharged the air filter, and basically got all the oil out of the intake area. Didn't pull the plugs to see if they were fouled because I didn't think of it at the time. Probably not since it seems to be running fine.

When everything was back together, I needed to run to CycleGear at Rivergate so we headed that way to make sure everything was working right. Stopped and had a bite to eat. Found a few drops of oil after we ate, but I'm pretty sure that was from the oil that had leaked from the air box. Oil level is normal, no smoke, everything looks fine. We split at my exit on I-24, me heading home and her back to Chattanooga to see family.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Hey guys, I'll be coming down there just as STROMETTE is leaving most likely. We had a chance to ride together in Vermont. In constant torrential downpours! I'm glad you guys fixed her up.

I am starting out on Tues. and expect to get to Knoxville on Wed.

My plan is to ride the Dragon or Cherohala Skyway and stay overnight.

Thurs. evening I'll be in Charlottesville,VA

How do you guys deal with the heat? It looks like it's going to be hovering around 90-100 degrees.

What gear do you wear?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Tom, Glad to hear you will be down this way. I have to work those two days or I would love to join you. I have been wearing my mesh jacket. It is still a little warm when you stop but when you are moving the air is still cool enough to keep you comfortable, especially in the shaded areas. Stop by the Knoxville Airport and say Hi if you get a chance.
8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts