24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking about buying a wee...

2006 V-Strom 650
Light Blue
Top and side boxes
Magnetic tank bag
Knuckle guards of a 1000
Taller windscreen (original goes with it too)
GPS holder
Camera holder
Crash bars around engine
Skid plate
Aftermarket Slipon
around 12k Miles

1500 bucks? Good deal?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
$1,500 for an 06 VStrom 650 with only 12,000 miles?

It's TOO good a deal. It's either stolen, been wrecked, or the seller is a meth-head needing a fix. The accessories you listed add up to more than $1,500.

Seriously, that's too good to be true. Is it rusty and dinged? Seat in shreds? Engine won't start? WHAT!?!?!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$1,500 for an 06 VStrom 650 with only 12,000 miles?

It's TOO good a deal. It's either stolen, been wrecked, or the seller is a meth-head needing a fix. The accessories you listed add up to more than $1,500.

Seriously, that's too good to be true. Is it rusty and dinged? Seat in shreds? Engine won't start? WHAT!?!?!

Just lucky I suppose!, My wife's boss is moving to Wyoming and is looking to unload it before he leaves. It does have a broken right front signal light, if you want to count that. But otherwise is in good shape aside from a couple small scuffs, and I thought 1500 sounded like a STEAL as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
that is an insanely low price. i dunno. economy is down, lotta baby boomers are selling their bikes, overall bike sales are down. i'd say it is a buyers market. i've seen some incredible deals floating by.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if everything goes well I'll be picking her up on saturday! Will pictures next the the rest of my steeds ('08 Farkled KLR, and a Honda 250 Reflex (my wifes)) Pretty stoked over all I was torn between the klr and the wee when I bought my first bike. I love my KLR dearly and she will always have a place in my stable, but I'm looking for something a little more cush and comfy for 2 up. This is one of those deals that kind of fell in my lap. I wasn't really looking for another bike but a great strom at a great deal? I can't pass that up.

·
Administrator
17,403 Posts
That light blue is a pretty gay color.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She's resting comfortably in her new home now:) I've been going over her for the last few days, I ordered the buell signals they should be here on Friday. After that I suspect she'll be ready to go, just need to break out the heated gear.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wow you got a great deal, congrats.

I've seen a lot of great deals on V-stroms pass me by because I'm waiting for just the right one. sucks!

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Holy crap, that's the deal of the century. You should know your wife's boss did you an insane favor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts