StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have pics of their Strom without the side cowlings, while maintaining the stock headlight?

I really want to get around to doing this if it suits my tastes, I just don't have much time to spare at the moment, so any pics would be appreciated.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hmmm, looks like streetfighter (with a big head). There is some potential there to make a slimmer fairing that would look really good.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've scratched the side cowlings on my 650 two times in minor drops. I wonder if the gas tank might have been damaged if they weren't there? Maybe they are worth keeping to avoid a much more expensive repair.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Yeah.............I am not a big fan of the non-cowling look myself. To each their own however.:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Personally? Without the cowl panels? I think its really ugly....um...uglier?

I had them off because I was doing some wiring and didn't want to put it all back together to take it to work.

Normally, its a much more handsome beast.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had them off because I was doing some wiring and didn't want to put it all back together to take it to work.

Thankyou! How was the ride without the cowlings?

I want to try doing this to see if it helps with getting a little more windflow onto my body. It could also potentially help with magnetic tank bag mounting.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Thankyou! How was the ride without the cowlings?

I want to try doing this to see if it helps with getting a little more windflow onto my body. It could also potentially help with magnetic tank bag mounting.
Just rode it around town for a couple of days. Didn't really notice any big difference.

Don't know if the cowls will make a big difference in airflow. If you're looking for more air just cut down a stock screen. Compare my cut down shorty, in the first pics, with my Givi in the last pic. Huge difference in airflow from one to the other.

As for magnetic tank bag, I'm using a Marsee and it fits the tank perfectly. You can see it in the "fully dressed" pic.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Kinda looks like something that Batman would be riding (without the cowling, of course!);)

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I've scratched the side cowlings on my 650 two times in minor drops. I wonder if the gas tank might have been damaged if they weren't there? Maybe they are worth keeping to avoid a much more expensive repair.
Actually, the gas tank can be dented even with the cowl in place. Mine was.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts