StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

Haven't been on in a while and was just wondering what happened to strom sisters as it seems to have disappeared :confused:

Cheers

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
How much trouble is it to leave a sub forum open? There may not be a lot of lady riders but the deserve a place to exchange communications.

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
"No one comes to a forum to talk to themself."

And then there is people like me!:surprise:
I dunno Tom, seems like not to inclusive. Although it may not be used often why shut down an avenue.
I'm just being an advocate here.
if there is cost factor of keeping it open, closing because of disuse would make sense.

·
Super Moderator
13,091 Posts
FWIW it was killed Dec 27 2018. Over 5 months ago.
As far as I know this is the first time anyone commented about it which really proves the point that it isn't needed.

..Tom

·
Super Moderator
16,234 Posts
I did some house cleaning, the forum is quite large and cluttered with unused/dead sections.......more to follow.

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
When the master speaks, the subordinates can shut the f up.:surprise:

I got a response to a post from 2012. The date of origin doesn't show up on the post, just the date of the last entry.
A person seeing a post doesn't know the time frame until they notice it in responses.

·
Super Moderator
4,510 Posts
We mods always do what we think is right for the forum. If 2 or more ladies approach asking for the section to be reopened, it will be.
There is no no need to turn belligerent.

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
As the staff have noted, mods and admins will clean up the forum if its deemed better for site health and removing clutter. As its been removed, and already noted if there is enough interest it will be reopened, it can be looked at if there is a larger push for it.

- JB

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
No one comes to a forum to talk to themself.
I don't know. It seems, on many forums, a lot of high post-count individuals love to talk (type) just to hear themselves speak (read their "brilliant" insights).

·
Super Moderator
13,091 Posts
I don't know. It seems, on many forums, a lot of high post-count individuals love to talk (type) just to hear themselves speak (read their "brilliant" insights).
No question about that.

On the other hand if no one talks, if there isn't enough conversation going on, then the forum simply dies a slow death.

Strom Sisters was closed over 5 months ago and no one seemed to notice. not much point in having a forum if no one is posting there.

..Tom

·
Super Moderator
16,234 Posts
Of course with enough interest, it can be re-opened.........

·
Super Moderator
16,234 Posts
When the master speaks, the subordinates can shut the f up.:surprise:

I got a response to a post from 2012. The date of origin doesn't show up on the post, just the date of the last entry.
A person seeing a post doesn't know the time frame until they notice it in responses.
That's not how it works here at all......MODS/ADMINS are here for the members, and for keeping the forum running smoothly and to have sections available which get used and make sense. :smile2:

·
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the info

Guess that's the price you pay for being a minority group.

Cheers GotaV2

1 - 19 of 19 Posts